Leds

ChiTown

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have conducted several tests, I would have finished but there were rain clouds massing.

Now it should be noted that when the cruise control does not work the orange light on the button below the fogs WILL come on, however the cars cruise will not engage and the green "cruise" light on the dash will not come on

Ok, the cruise control issue is infact tried to the taillights AND turn signals.

with regular turn signals (but resistors still in place) and a single regular bulb for the brakes (passenger side outer) the cruise control does work

With led turns (resistors still in place) and still the single brake halogen cruise does NOT work

I find it extremely odd that the turn signals work affect it however since the resistors in place show normal draw, hence why there is no hyper flash, yet with them in and still the single bulb it won't work.

My next test before the rain was to try led turns, and both outer brake lights converted to halogen for the test. I'm hoping this will solve the problem and I can place 2 resistors on them. tail lights on vs only tails on at braking seemed to make no difference.

You were told a while ago to put resistors in your tails.... Each bulb you have replaced was 5 Ohms... so.... do the math... Obviously the car is looking for the 5 Ohm resistance from the bulbs. Since there are 6 bulbs in the brake lights, YOU NEED six 5 Ohm resistors, for a total of 30 Ohms.

remembering that when you hook resistors up in parallel, as in the tail lights, they half their resistance... like speakers in parallel.

5+5 in series = 10 ohms

5+5 in parallel = 2.5 ohms

it is easy to know they are in parallel too, when one goes out the rest stay on. If in series you lose one bulb, the rest also won't light.

not exactly mts, I have the resistors on the turns, but still regular bulbs + a single make the cruise work, I'm hoping I can get away with just 2 resistors for the brakes, the resistors create alot of heat, thats what hte extra energy draw is really, the ones for my tails are pretty big and get very hot after even say a minute of blinking, therefore brake resistors, that would be in use much more then the turns but up to say several hours if I was driving at night create massive heat problems

Qty Item Options Price

9 - 194 Item # 1 LED Color: Blue Lens: Oval $22.41 USD

2 - 194 Item # Silver Vision Color: Amber Base: Glass $5.98 USD

1 - Single Incandescent Festoon Bulb Item # 1 ea. Color: Blue Size: 31mm $0.99 USD

1 - LED Festoon Bulb Item # 1 ea. Color: Blue Size: 31mm $4.99 USD

1 - 74 Item # Tri-Power Color: Blue Lens: Forward $3.99 USD

Amount $38.36 USD + $3.00 shipping www.superlumination.com

4 of the 194s are for the doors (1 each for 4 doors). I bought the Blue Incandescent in case the Festoon LED would not work due to the dimming. The 2 Siver Vision Ambers are for my front turns signal lamps. And the rest is for my instrament cluster. I plan on putting blue tint on the clock/temp readout to make it blue and changing out the bulbs around the ignition and in the Bose to make it ALL blue. :drool:

Thanks BHR for the info.

superlumination is great, not to mention reasonable and hella fast shipping.

the chrome ambers look so much damn nicer in the front, none of that crappy yolk or wanna be amber color.

the gauge leds will please you the most, the only place you need resistors is in the turns, and possibly brakes, butwere still working on that