:shifty: What Am I Working On Indeed :shifty:

So you will fry out the eyes of all upcoming traffic, is that what you are up to? Tell me if you ever come to ohio i wont drive then.

no no no, I installed bixenon projectors, which use a single hid bulb for both my low and my high beam. the high beam reflector is attached so I can't just remove it, plus what would be in its place.

Under normal conditions the above applies, but the high beam "beam" will only work if I turn the low beams on, on cars with oem hids there are circuits and relays that say "if high beam is activated, and low beams are off, turn on low beams for 30 seconds (or so) and supply power to shield as need" or something along those lines.

What your talking about is what ill do ONE day a year when I have to go through inspection, then the old high beam reflector will be used and thats it. But the reflector and that semi flat area with the projector hole is all 1 part, can't take them apart, and then you would just see the bare plastic and dust caps, quite ghetto.

So to review - normal driving = HID high and low beam from the same projector, at night it will be oem, during the day I would have to hit the low beam switch then pull the highbeams to flash or whatever.

1 day a year for safety inspection I will use halogen everything...assholes...

Since there oem projectors and oem bulbs they will no no brighter to oncoming traffic then other hid system, maybe even dimmer since more light is going to the foreground, now if I want to hit the boost button then yes.

On a related note, this is really starting to piss me the fuck off, I have no spent about 18 hours solid on this, and after I sealedthem up I ran into an aiming problem and have to take them all apart again, which is bullcrap. I have 1 last idea, which should work, but if it doesn't then I don't know what I'm going to do.

What pisses me off even more is that I really did want to drive the millenia tonight, but damn it, no headlights

:mad: :mad: I have spent yet another night working on this and still cannot get the aimming just right due to clearance, I estimate I need another 4-6mm which is pissing me hte fuck off. Now I have to go to the store to get more sealant, take both housings apart again, slightly ever so slightly move the rotational alinement of the drivers side, and hopefully get these aimed properly. If I cannot make this work I may have to go back to single xenon valeos

:mad:

I have fixed and finally sealed the passenger side, the rotational alinement is off by maybe 3-4 degrees, but its very possible my alinement line is slightly tilted, will have to actually drive the car to see, finally got the beam lower then its suppose ti be, which is excellent, you can always go up, using a wire cable system it is fixed in place, now all that remains is redoing the drivers side, I'm hoping I can get the rotational alinement atleast off by the same same amount, then you won't be notice.

Headlight is cooling down as we speak after being rebaked,

SUCCESS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! IT TOOK NEARLY 5 TIMES LONGER THEN ANY RETROFIT i HAVE EVER DONE, ALMSOT 57 TEST FITTINGS, BUT NOW, OH SWEET NOW AT 1:30AM ITS ALL PERFECT. The alinement is dead on, each projector is colormodded exactly the same, and bixenons are in full effect.

Now around 2am I hope to start the first test drive with them

:picsnow:

SUCCESS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! IT TOOK NEARLY 5 TIMES LONGER THEN ANY RETROFIT i HAVE EVER DONE, ALMSOT 57 TEST FITTINGS, BUT NOW, OH SWEET NOW AT 1:30AM ITS ALL PERFECT. The alinement is dead on, each projector is colormodded exactly the same, and bixenons are in full effect.

Now around 2am I hope to start the first test drive with them

• 4 weeks later...

*Copy of post made on HIDplanet, still have not made complete write up.

I need to adjust there straight ahead aim...alot, raise them just a hair,and rotate the passenger side a bit, but after 5 days and 30 hours I ran out of patience, these projectors, even raw take some force to phyically push into the housings, let alone the reflectors or when attached to a shroud, so I had to get creative.

Anyway using a gasket mod and valeo purple lenses heres what I got. The garage shots were taken at about 10ft away and with a camera phone.

No thats not glare, thats the highbeams on. Also please note the comparsion pic between the valeo and the fx. one of the smallest single xenon 2 one of the smallest bixenons. Good reference the next time some ricer thinks its all the same. Good reference for the FX clear lense debate, they are indeed frosted or semi frosted, never truely clear.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

flat level ground,

low beam

low bea

vs highbeam

IPB Image

IPB Image

single projector cutoff/color