Braking Problem

black calipers are hard to keep looking perfect. Did it on my m awhile ago, used the highest gloss I could find. But found myself scrubbing the calipers like always

Agreed. I will sandblast and spray mine with zink primer, leaves a matt silver finish which I believe will look fairly clean though covered with dust. I am also thinking of spraying the visible centre parts of the discs. I got an offer from this firm to put a proper zink coat on them; $280 for 4... I said thank you, I don't think so sir :huh:

I got everything installed last night (in 100 degree weather) and drove a good 60 miles today and its back to the way it should be, it actually seems smoother than it was before, maybe because of the quality of the parts i used. I think the cause before might have been over-torqued lugs from when i got my alignment a couple months ago, so I'm going to always have them torqued to exactly 80 ft-lbs from now on.

I was told when i bought the car that the brakes were replaced and "over $1800 was going into the car" which may have been true if i had the work done at mazda. But I was given cheap tires, brakes, and what might be the worst looking muffler to ever be installed on a millenia. I hope to get that replaced as soon as i can get enough money.

Thanks for the help with the brakes though, it definitely saved me a lot of money.

coating the discs is useless, the paint will rub off

I don't think so sir.

Here is the result; the rear discs and pads are new, with sandblasted caliper and caliper braquet. I used zink primer said to cope with up to 200 degrees C. It turned out my rear discs were warped, not the fronts' which probably mean they will last another 60000 km.

[attachmentid=691]

P1010177b.jpg

Only takes half a millimeter off at the centre to be way off at the outside edge.... this is only from experience though, I have seen this especially with 4 bolt wheels, like on my old 325i