Current Remus Stock Levels

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus christ....what the hell do you people drive though, I don't think even my jeeps stock exhaust looks that bad.

street, a universal muffler will have a small inlet pipe, exhaust shop will charge you about 150 for install, they will bend and weld a pipe from the exhaust to the part that bolts up, put on a new bracket, and bolt it.

the axle back he was saying will already have that, so you could easily install it yourself and save the 150, and since its coming from remus it won't be a crappy iron pipe that will rust all damn day.

I would still recommend the rev3 style, that way you can bolt up directly right now, and/or upgrade to a 2.5" custom exhaust in the future

And whats that thing to the left, the black thing? Is it for pully stuff?

It is one of the hanger and mine is busted..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

My exhaust broke there as well, a friend of mine welded it back in place. He was so thrilled when I asked him, was he to weld on my car :lol: He drives a 87 Volvo 245.

I would strongly advice you to do a sandblast, acid primer and antirust treatment under your car...

You are right i should do something before it totally rusts there. Anybody did an antirust job? I may consider a DIY-project. Ziebart quoted me $200 for underbody cleaning and protection. Being a broke student for sometime i never had the funding for that..

I considered spraying wd40 kind of stuff all underneath it may slows down at least..

My exhaust broke there as well, a friend of mine welded it back in place. He was so thrilled when I asked him, was he to weld on my car :lol: He drives a 87 Volvo 245.

I would strongly advice you to do a sandblast, acid primer and antirust treatment under your car...

umm yeah, there isn't a single spec of rust anywhere under my millenia.

and after MWM07 rain freaking gallon size droplets, it got a good cleaning. I think the only place I had some rust was where I scraped on the tie down points and hte paint came off, but I touched that up. I can't remember if there was any anti-rust anything from the factory though

I looked under your car.... I beg to differ.... But I also noticed all the dirt under your hood, that is from lack of knowledge of where it builds up.... and a resident fear of removing pieces to clean under them. ;) And a garage bitch will sit and corrode more than a daily driver, temperate air and water are the enemy of any bare metal.

HA.

you tell me where there is rust, I will check post hast, and take a pic, if there was anything I will fix at once.

mts, we have discussed that, the weather played a big part, HOWEVER, I will give you once I got the old intake out I found new places to clean.

You are forgetting a single key point, MY GARAGE is climate controlled, infact right now its sitting at around 72 degrees, further preventing rust.

Even on the Jeep I don't have serious rust like saint, I think some on the rear gas skid where I slammed in on a rock, the SS, and well, thats about it, if it was rusty before its covered now.