Type Of Gas For Milly???

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The highest priced one or the middle one? Cause i have regular, super/plus, then premium i think buti'm not sure!!!

the highest, i know its expensive, but its the only one I'm comfortable putting in. the car will run fine with regular or midgrade, you may not even notice the difference.

I'm putting Premium (98 octane, our highest rated fuel) into my 2.5L.

I haven't done enough driving yet to know if it's any different to normal fuel, but a previous car of mine with high compression got much better mileage + power from premium fuel.

G.

Premium, nothing eles, period.

and mts did drive, but never got his dyno done, or checked the sludge buildup

I never once said I was getting a dyno done.... I was supposed to get an emissions test done, but I haven't had the time.

Most of the time I'm not gonna lie...I do put 87 which is the lowest grade....but since gas is 3.50 for Premium 93 gas I've only been putting 87....but I have noticed a slight difference in drivetrain....it doesn't jump as much changing gears....

the more expense gas gets the more practical it is for you to go high grade.

plus its REQUIRED, not optional, REQUIRED.

Now let me explain the above part since people will flame without thinking first

At 1.25 for regular, and 1.45 for prem thats a 13.8% difference in price.

At 3.00 for regular and 3.35 for prem thats a 7.6% difference in price. You ALREADY have to spend the money, now your simply paying LESS proponantly for the same item THAT IS AGAIN REQUIRED!!!

Now, at the all time high of 3.75 for reg and 3.99 for prem, that is only a 6% difference.

So lets think about this, if your only spending 15 dollars a week, an extra 2 dollars is a big difference, but when your already spending say 45 dollars, an extra dollar is nothing.

Conversly my Jeep REQUIRES regular grade, but as the price goes up I must try harder and harder to restain myself for using prem for the cleaning agents and increased octane. But they what do I know, I only have a masters in business and the finest running Millenia in the world.

the more expense gas gets the more practical it is for you to go high grade.

plus its REQUIRED, not optional, REQUIRED.

Now let me explain the above part since people will flame without thinking first

At 1.25 for regular, and 1.45 for prem thats a 13.8% difference in price.

At 3.00 for regular and 3.35 for prem thats a 7.6% difference in price. You ALREADY have to spend the money, now your simply paying LESS proponantly for the same item THAT IS AGAIN REQUIRED!!!

Now, at the all time high of 3.75 for reg and 3.99 for prem, that is only a 6% difference.

So lets think about this, if your only spending 15 dollars a week, an extra 2 dollars is a big difference, but when your already spending say 45 dollars, an extra dollar is nothing.

Conversly my Jeep REQUIRES regular grade, but as the price goes up I must try harder and harder to restain myself for using prem for the cleaning agents and increased octane. But they what do I know, I only have a masters in business and the finest running Millenia in the world.

For one, I do not care about price.... I would be happier if it was $3 per liter, then people who cannot afford to drive now, would be OFF the road. BUT, I do not always agree with car manufacturers, and if you want to flaunt your business degree then you should also know that ALL of the big car comapanies are in bed with the oil companies. Even Ferrari is lending their name to Shell to sell gas. I do agree with your numbers, however most people do as they are told rather than researc and understand the engineering and chemistry of gasoline engines.

BUT if you had your timing as advanced as mine.... you too might be able to run mid-grade and generate less carbon... ;)

No, actually very very few automakers are in with oil companies, ferrari of course is for multiply reasons, the first being its customers don't care about the price of gas, and if you can afford a ferrari, normally you have common sense, Addtionally with ferrari is there heavy using race where shell is developing race fuels, no other company really does this, even mercedes-mclaran.

The idea that oil companies and automakers are together is nothing more then an urban myth design by and spread by hippies, 95% of the time its the other way around, oil companies are competing against automakers and vs versa, now more then ever. The high oil goes the more automakers have to lower prices or focus on fuel to sell more just to keep there stock at the same level. its the exact same thing that happened in the 70's, along with the same companies benefiting and suffering, yet for some reason most people can't even remember yesterday, let alone major world events.

Imagine a world where people had to earn the right to exist.

Since I only normally burn Shell, as a preference more than anything. But alas your argument is full of holes as it seems the car companies are ever producing larger engines, that they quote are highly efficient. Although if you look at history, they are no better than they were before the last oil crisis. And they only came with carburators back then.... so the ever modern fuel injection has truly done nothing much for efficiency but allowed the engines to have more power and maybe a little less pollutants. They make more powerful and then to appease the hippies tack on a catalyst that then robs the engine of 10-12%, thereby burning more gas to get the same desired engine response....WOW people are stunned by media.

Imagine a world where opinionated jackasses lost their right.... ;)