Seafoming?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you are such a kind. The link describes what it does and they are almost the case with a high mileage car like yours. Adding it to fuel and oil is easy. PVC is risky.

Anubis, what's so wonderus about it? What's it actualy do?

Mase it was good on mine. I dont think it is bad if done correctly.

I don't know about this stuff, but with an old car I had a long time ago, I sprayed some "Carbi cleaner" down the throat of it's carby while keeping the revs up enough to keep the motor going.

As I sprayed it in, the engine would cough and splutter and all this black stuff came out the exhaust - carbon deposits saying goodbye.

End result, more power & better fuel economy.

I read a mazda service report the other day that if the Millenia's engine is noisy at startup, that it's carbon deposits on the rings! The procedure to clear it is to fill the cylinders with some fluid and to let it sit for strictly between 5.5 and 6 hours, any longer and it will strip the coating off the pistons!

My engine is noisy at startup when cold, so I think I'll find some carby cleaner and try spraying it into my Milly's intake and see what happens :)

G.

There are 2 general results of seafoam, I have not actually used it so I'm just saying.

On most cars it will produce alot of smoke and clean everything out, slightly better mileage, maybe more performance.

On high mileage cars (like 135k+) it seems to do alot of harm by cleaning out carbon thats sealing vacumm leaks, which is a pain in the ass.

I personally go back and forth if i should use it, the car has low mileage, and my fuel stablizer acts as a mild cleaner as well.

bhr if you use stabilizer all the time seafoam in oil and through intake shouldnt make any difference. As for oil IIRC you use synthetic so it should be clean inside. I wouldnt use it for yours.. But anyway i was like you ended up putting it through all possible holes..

Slightly high mileage? My best was 28ish mpg before seafoam in the oil, after that it went up to 32.4 at the best! An i am getting better mpg now for sure..

sorry this is offtopic but umm for the 7, i would do 3 tanks of 89 octane and then 91 octane because of the fact that its induction is forced (wow...that sounds weird...anyway!) will it matter if i switch to 87. cuz heh...the prices are kinda getting to me.

p.s. i heard that in ontario, the price for a gallon is 4.50!!! wowzerz!