Vin Numbers

i don't have any dastardly plans. All I wanted to see is what would carfax or vindicator would tell me about it, in addition to trying an online insurance quote to see if it recognises the VIN at all.

:hmm: very interesting VIN number, usually its JM1TA

Graham, yours is maroon?

:hmm: :hmm: indeed, based on some other input, it seems that the eunos 800 vins only differ in the last 3-4 characters.

1. First number Identifies the country in which the vehicle was manufactured:

USA (1 or 4), Canada (2), Mexico (3), Germany (W), Japan (J), Italy (Z), Korea (K), England (S)...

2. Second character specifies the manufacturer:

Audi (A), BMW (B ), Buick (4), Cadillac (6), Chevrolet (1), Chrysler (C ), Dodge (B ), Ford (F), GM Canada (7), General Motors (G), Honda (H), Jaguar (A), Lincoln (L), Mercedes Benz (D), Mercury (M), Nissan (N), Oldsmobile (3), Pontiac (2or5), Plymouth (P), Toyota (T), VW (V), Volvo(V)...

3. Third VIN character indicates the vehicle type (model).

4. Fourth through eighth vehicle identification number digit reveals the vehicle features such as body style, engine type(8), series, restraint system(7),

5. The ninth digit is a VIN accuracy check digit, verifying the previous VIN numbers.

6. Tenth VIN character tells the model year. 1988 (J), 1989 (K), 1990 (L), 1991 (M), 1992 (N), 1993 (P), 1994 ®, 1995 (S), 1996 (T), 199 7(V), 1998 (W), 1999 (X), 2000 (Y)------2001(1), 2002 (2), 2003 (3), 2004 (4), 2005 (5).

7. Eleventh digit reveals the assembly plant for the vehicle.

8. 12 through 17. VIN number digits indicate the sequence of the vehicle for production as it rolled of the manufacturers assembly line. This five digit serial number starts at 000001 at the beginning of every model year.

JM1TA2220Y1611219

Region: 1 J Asia

Manufacturer: 2-3 M1 Mazda

Model Specific: 4-8 TA222 Mid-sized FWD Sedan 4Dr, 2.3L V6 FI DOHC

Check Digit: 9 0 Valid

Year: 10 Y 2000

Assembly Plant: 11 1 Hofu Assembly Plant, Yamaguchi, Japan

Serial Number: 12-17 611219

http://www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm

http://www.vehicleidentificationnumber.com/carfax2.html

and some more searching allowed me to completely decode the VIN.

but what about eunos vins

If you were really reading and knew the cars as passionately as you say you do.... the first 8 digits should be all the same. As they only made these cars at one facility. The check digit, the year, and the actual serial will be different.

Though the year digit is somewhat confusing... Saint, go to those sites I linked and put in your serial and see what comes up.

• 9 months later...

damn them, damn them all

the guy was all "you have to get ahold of a dealer overseas, i cant even look up canadian cars, you have to call a canadian dealer

did you know that the miller badge was supposedly inculded on US cars? The parts guy was all "look here it is"

someoen with the mazda EPC look it up, there was apage that clealry had the MCE badge listed on it.

damn them, damn them all

the guy was all "you have to get ahold of a dealer overseas, i cant even look up canadian cars, you have to call a canadian dealer

did you know that the miller badge was supposedly inculded on US cars? The parts guy was all "look here it is"

someoen with the mazda EPC look it up, there was apage that clealry had the MCE badge listed on it.

U have a nice PM...two to be more precise. also: check the EPC online here http://www.japancars.ru/cat/mazda/?h=L&model=XEDOS-9

Just entered my VIN and the goods came up... :whistling:

yeah I know but the guy was insisting that they came with it and trying to tell me of all people, "oh yes the millenia was a big deal when it came out because of the miller cycle engine, mazda was going to have their own separe line," basically the amati story. and i told him "yes and it was to be called amati, but it never took place, i happen to have a collectin of literature no one has seen for years"