Remus Sound Clip On Milly

street3890

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've been saying for years how well mated the remus and the Millenia are, and the S, with its miller-cycle, I mean come on people it may not have a high rev limit, but it rev's as smooth as a ferrari, combined with the faint whine of the S/C, its perfect, utterly perfect.

The stock exhaust is HELLA quiet, it was designed as a 70k luxury car when conceived remember. The remus isn't that loud, its like a loud stock exhaust, but a loud estock exhaust from a very high end performance car.

You know, I've been saying for years how well mated the remus and the Millenia are, and the S, with its miller-cycle, I mean come on people it may not have a high rev limit, but it rev's as smooth as a ferrari, combined with the faint whine of the S/C, its perfect, utterly perfect.

Now, with the cold air intake, and even with my crappy muffler, just the sound of the car turns heads all the time. A couple weeks ago i pulled over for an ambulance to get by and the truck i had just passed pulled right up next to me instead of off the road, and stared at the car trying to figure out what it was. And its nice knowing they probably still don't know.

But that really sounds nice. I wouldn't remove the resonator though, it just needs to sound good, not loud. Someday I'll get a Remus on mine...

I still have the resonator yes. I think without it might be slightly louded, but not by much. grpdog removed his when doing a custom 2.5, but he went with a borla exhaust and was just loud with the muscle car muffler

Not really a fair generalization on Borla...

See lat, now go get one.

to be honest, I hate the way it sounds. It reminds me of a chink mobile with a too big muffler. if I want the millenia to be heard, it will be because of the intake :shifty:

i'd much rather have a silent millenia that creeps up and flies past without anyone ever hearing it, just the flash of it floating by effortlessly

no one hears it until you've past, and your not going to find a better exhaust for it.

jdubs - I agree not all borla's are like that, but that was the sound he was going for, there was someone eles who had 2.5 piping on an L, no high-flow cat, still had the resonator, and a borla muffler, not to bad, video in MWM05 includes it (beige car)

cruise down the highway at 80, you'll hear it nice and clear.

I've noticed that while just cruising I hear the exhaust and not the intake, slam the throttle and I hear the intake, the n exhaust takes over, at low rpms, like just barely pushing the gas to get out of a braking spot its only remus, but under load its hte intake, so they trade off.

wow very nice...I get my car back tomorrow Wednesday the 19th! yay!