Oil Change

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit!!! He tightened it that much that you can't get it off? The max torque that bolt should see is 30 lbs. which is a step up from nothing. If he's that paranoid, get a bolt that has the nylon insert in it, that will never loosen itself.

oh god fucking damn it..... someone delete that post, I don't want to fucking see it...

although

http://cgi.ebay.com/EUNOS-800-LEFT-OR-RIGH...1QQcmdZViewItem

bahahahaha...

i assume they'd have to be reaimed to US standards?

and RE: the oil change.....................................

He got the bolt off, and then when I put it on securely, he's all "I have to check it," and then proceeded to give it another fuckin yank or two..... Then he did the same thing to the m-fin oil filter. "ITS GONNA VIBRATE LOOSE IF U DONT HAVE IT ON THER SECURELY and THEN UR GONNA BE SORRRY!@@!@!@!!" I said it woudlnt', but I didn't feel like starting an argument so the next time I get the oil changed and I can't pull the plug, I'll just have an oil change place loosen the plug.

Another "tight" plug here. I tried to change my oil in the morning. I first started with the oil filter, since i thought it is the harder one. It came off like butter with the help of the glove.. Then the next thing is that f.ing plug. I remember the guy was weighing himself on that plug in the last oil change. Easier if it is on the lift but with the clearance of the jackstand i couldnt make it off. My adjustable wrench doesnt work there. So i will go find a ring type long M14 wrench. I will also need a new plug :) The bad thing is it start raining :( So i put the old filter back start the car and the oil level is just below the Low line, no oil pressure light. I am thinking whether i should add some snyth to dino or drive with low oil to the auto parts store and buy a qt of dino? If synth+dino mix is ok i can spend a half quart for that.. It will rain till Sunday so no oil change for some time..