Help Me Please Lol

Let me say in advance Thank you

I am new to mazda world .. I have a 01 Millenia (not a S i wish thou)

I need help on how to take the parking lamps out to put some blue led bulbs in

I also need to kno how to take out the reflectors on the headlights .. i kinda like to chrome look of the head light and i will also add a blue bulb to that ..

Right now i have 15k cool blue HID kit on my car and with the blue bulbs i think it will set it off just right!

(Also let me say i am so happy to run across this site- im glad to see people actually love their Millenia as much as i love mines :) i dont even let people eat in my car ..lol.

Thank

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, 15k is horrible, 4300k is OEM and will provide the most output...

Blue LED's well be extremely illegal in all states, blue tinted bulbs are bad, but blue LED's are to close to police colors, none of that requires taking out the headlights though, just bending your arm in 8 different ways.

If you want to take them out you will have to remove the grill to access a bolt, some on top when the plastic trim is removed, and on the 01-02 there may or may not be a bolt behind it that you need to remove the fender splash guard for.

To remove the reflector is also illegal, but will require removing the headlights, baking them open, and more or less hammering it out with a screw driver.

I like the look of my headlights OEM. All reflectors intact but I will be adding 4300K HIDs to my car when my income taxes come in...(yes I'm still waiting...) 01-02 millenia headlights are very classy..keep them in their original state...you will get pulled over in Atlanta if you have blue LEDs...cops are only supposed to have LEDs

i didnt kno it was illegal

IPB Image

I was trying to go with that look but i am so mechanically challenged .. lol ..

i would like need detailed help with that ..lol..

and I have 4300 Oem on my fogs right now but i am gonna change it soon to get a really really yellow light like the one on the older IS300

oh that isnt mines i wish it was thou! lol

i saw his on cardomain and loved it .. but he said all it was is a billt grill from autozone and cut out the old one and put a new one in ..

but i love his head lights with out the reflectors

You need to seriously take out those hella ricey HID's, for the fogs if you want uber chink lexus look its a 3000k hid kit you seek.

Also, the picture you posted is from a member "platinum" He lives in maryland, I have worked on his car and he has worked on mine, I have seen the car up close and ridden in it, he did exactly what I said you'd have to, and if your not into fine details or anything, I would advise you to not do this, you would have to open the headlights by baking them open, then resealing them

He custom made the grill himself, personally I hated the front of his car and the springs were cut so it didn't handle great.

The blue LED's are extremely illegal, and theres really no point to having them, you could of course convert your brake lights to LED, its about 25 dollars a bulb from www.superlumination.com high power towers is what you need. Plus a resistor for each side for the turn signals.

Here is another pic of the side I found from my collection. Back end sat pretty low.

umdplat.jpg

well thanks for telling me because i know nothin about baking my head lights and knowing me i would mess some stuff up. lol

does any one know about any milli clubs in the atl area ..if so i would love to join one

well thanks for telling me because i know nothin about baking my head lights and knowing me i would mess some stuff up. lol

does any one know about any milli clubs in the atl area ..if so i would love to join one

and about the grill .. i think its pretty cool .. i dont wanna lower my car at all i just love the look of his grill .. i am gonna go buy a few grills so that i could experiment on them

Turn the oven to 400 or so, let it heat up, put the headlights inthere until there almost painful to touch, then gently pry them apart. Youll have to work fast as they cooldown, and youll have a bitch of a mess with the sticky adhesive. Putting them back together is a little harder, what i'm doing is using a lighter inch by inch to melt the tar and then scrape it off.

renboy, yes, platinum was a policer officer, he took off the amber reflector, but every turn signal bulb on his car was amber, tint was legal in his state, and where the reflector was a small amber LED was placed.

Now granted the day he did my brakes and I did HID's we were riding in his car at around 110mph on the freeway, he had his badge in the cup holder an wasn't even remotely worried about getting a ticket

For interest's sake, both my Eunies have had blue-tinted bulbs from the factory for the instrument cluster. In both cases replaced with white LEDs.

how do you replace the instrumet panel bulbs? i seen one on cardomain and it was hot!

oh, well its not illegal to cut the springs, just stupid.

you never wondered why his car sat so low? its lowered like 2.8 or something

:huh2:

Quite positive it's illegal here.

Very illegal, and quite frankly unsafe and stupid to cut springs.

unsafe and stupid yes, not illegal...here

mixed - Your probably talking about my gauges with LED's, from the factory they had blue bulb condoms, but they sucked, I changed mine to pure white.

on the 01-02 you can't change the color, totally different lighting technology, you could be thinking of malice's photo, with blue gauges and a red needle, that was on a 97 actually and was done by JK, spend a few hours with coloring film

unsafe and stupid yes, not illegal...here

mixed - Your probably talking about my gauges with LED's, from the factory they had blue bulb condoms, but they sucked, I changed mine to pure white.

on the 01-02 you can't change the color, totally different lighting technology, you could be thinking of malice's photo, with blue gauges and a red needle, that was on a 97 actually and was done by JK, spend a few hours with coloring film

IPB Image

those are what i was talkin bout.. he changed all his lights the temp the time everything .. i love that look but im so mechanically challenged i would not be able to pull it off