Stock Vs Aftermarket Alternators....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600w isn't a big deal

From what I remember, most millenia's have a 110amp alt, and thats what is sold, but you cna get a 90amp alt thats aftermarket.

I would go with either a brand new OEM, or rebuilt oem, but go 110 at the very least.

Mine maxed at 160A (IIRC) when tested. 160A x 14V =2240W !

160??

110 is the highest rated for even the S, even my grand cherokee is only 150a and its heavy duty.

Your much much better off just getting a cap for any sound system regardless of size, will improve the sound and not put a stain on the car

Just checked online stores, you are right, it is 110A. But i remember seeing 160 :noidea:

Meh, any rebuilt one will be fine. All rebuilts are basically the same so go with what's cheapest. And the higher the output of the alternator, the lower the power of the engine at the wheels.

come on. 60A x 12V= 720W = 1hp

Meh, I'd rather everything at the wheels that I can find. This is why I'll never have a car stereo also. Too much weight. Fuck show, I'm all about go.

Meh, I'd rather everything at the wheels that I can find. This is why I'll never have a car stereo also. Too much weight. Fuck show, I'm all about go.

All about go in a Millenia? I know the S is kinda quick, but if I were all about go, I'd get an SBC, but to each his own I suppose lol. Don't get me wrong though, I want my Milly to have some balls too. :D

I know how to rebuild an alternator, but I'd rather buy a reman. I don't get a warranty if I rebuild it myself. And where would I get the brushes, vr, and bearings anyway?