To Anger Bhr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one or two times we took the milly, we always had to put the boards on the back seats because they wouldn't fit. In my 6 it was never a problem.

At some point, I believe there was a change in regulations, if a car was over a certain width, fold down seats were no longer allowed... :unsure:

Besides, if I want to carry lots of stuff... then I rent a truck. ;)

To achieve the style and sleek looks of the Millenia, some compromizes had to be made. Therefore its trunk is very cramped compared to its size. Wide and long enough, but very poor heigth.

Now the Volkswagen Jetta has a huge trunk. But the compromizes made on that car are... obvious on a loooong distance :rolleyes:

If I ever got a milly, one thing on the 'to fix/modify' list would be cut hole and make seats fold. This would only follow 'make engine decent', 'make hetero (5-speed)', 'make functional (trailer hitch)' and finally 'make attractive (remove spoiler if applicable)'.

MTS, have a trailer for big shit, but I'm not about to rent a truck for a couple of snowboards. At the same time, they're only snowboards, I could almost buy a backpack big enough to hold them, the car should be able to.

If I ever got a milly, one thing on the 'to fix/modify' list would be cut hole and make seats fold. This would only follow 'make engine decent', 'make hetero (5-speed)', 'make functional (trailer hitch)' and finally 'make attractive (remove spoiler if applicable)'.

MTS, have a trailer for big shit, but I'm not about to rent a truck for a couple of snowboards. At the same time, they're only snowboards, I could almost buy a backpack big enough to hold them, the car should be able to.

LOL My skis fit ;) Damn one planker.

NO, NO DAMN TOWING!!!!

Although Im curious how you would plan to make the seats fold?

not that I would do it, but still

I've got some time off the next few days I will look into this whole making my back seats fold down pretty sure you would just need some sort of hinge and then a way to re attach the seat to it full upright position of course with out the use of tools.

I wonder If the clamps that hold the bottom portion of the seat would work for the top.

LOL My skis fit ;) Damn one planker.

Two stick prick :starwars:

Recently I've been thinking of getting back into skiing. Haven't skied in almost 15 years.

BHR, my car would be a 5-speed, making it more than strong enough to tow. As for the seats, I would set them up exactly the same as the mx6 seats. I doubt the whole process would take more than a few hours. The strut tower bar would probably be a bit more of a pita to make.

NO towing, PERIOD.

I don't care about tranny or engine, its all in the frame and what its designed to handle, NO TOWING!!!!

The only reason they do it in europe but keep it from recommended is because people will do it anyway.

As for the seatas, you would need a hinge, and remove the bose amps, and the keyless entry unit, and remove that steel frame thing somehow