Milly On The Rocks..

Given that it's a Xedos, and they're speaking some Scandanavian language it's probably a 2.5. And they didn't have TCS enabled, the wheels wouldn't have been spinning like that. Either way, they should have had better tires on for sure. Although, I'm not very familiar with weather change in Scandanavia, they could have experienced a freak storm that the person wasn't prepared for. Happens in Alberta, that might have been the case.

They speak german. Southern Germany have mountain ares, or maybe they paid Austria or Norway a visit.

The Xedos 2,5 has TCS stock, but it hardly works during such conditions. It would knock off rpms earlier than this morons revvy approach to winter driving though. If he had engaged hold in D he would at least have given the tires a tiny chance to find grip. Given the incline and lack of friction, I withold this Xedos was extremely close to an offroad venture and the situation was certainly not funny.

This reminds me of an incident where I failed to climb a snowy/icy hill and skidded 10 metres backwards on studless tires, with a 1000 kg's boggi trailer on the hitch and three kids in the car... It stopped again, but I didn't laugh at all. Yes I know, stupid attempt. Anyone here tried to back down a hill, with no chance of a second attempt if going bad with trailer manouvering, through a narrow curve, with the tires partly slipping? In darkness... I did break some sweat.

They speak german. Southern Germany have mountain ares, or maybe they paid Austria or Norway a visit.

The Xedos 2,5 has TCS stock, but it hardly works during such conditions. It would knock off rpms earlier than this morons revvy approach to winter driving though. If he had engaged hold in D he would at least have given the tires a tiny chance to find grip. Given the incline and lack of friction, I withold this Xedos was extremely close to an offroad venture and the situation was certainly not funny.

This reminds me of an incident where I failed to climb a snowy/icy hill and skidded 10 metres backwards on studless tires, with a 1000 kg's boggi trailer on the hitch and three kids in the car... It stopped again, but I didn't laugh at all. Yes I know, stupid attempt. Anyone here tried to back down a hill, with no chance of a second attempt if going bad with trailer manouvering, through a narrow curve, with the tires partly slipping? In darkness... I did break some sweat.

What did you drink dude?

Well it looks fun to watch cars trying on the snow/ice but if you are in front of the steering wheel and if your car is not equipped properly (such as milly in its stock shape), it is a pretty scary driving..

:whistling: Well, the man I attempted to visit was amazed I ALMOST made it up to his house, he used to have trouble with his previous car even without a trailer, so he bought a Volvo XC70. I was THAT close to make it. With stud tires it would have been a piece of cake. The Xedos is a very good towing car. I agree though Ren, I was lucky, the trailer was on its way to jacknife (good word) when my 4 blocked wheels found some marginal grip.

I don't know what you're smoking; here the Cayenne is classified as a highend SUV.

You're mixing winter traction with winter roadholding; clearly two different parametres.

Obviously there are 4WD cars able to beat the Xedos; like an Audi Quattro or a Subaru. But to my knowledge no Jeep. Just for the record, my company car is a Subaru Outback. Part from the obvious lack of traction I regard the Xedos to be almost as good as the Outback on winter roads. It is actually more reassuring when it comes to stability and confidence in curves, while the Outback is easier to keep in long sweeping sideways adventures due to the tailhappy setup. But the Outback is redicilously primitive compared to the Xedos.

ok then a millenia is a minivan? I don't think so...a mazda 3 station wagon is a minivan, or a mazda mpv, not my millenia or not a BMW X5, Volvo XC90, or Porsche Cayenne, they are all classified as US Crossover SUVs, the BMW is however a SAV, Sport Activity Vehicle:) I want one badly!