00 To 95 Conversion

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

white 97 trunk plate.

white passanger side 97 mirror.

pair of (i think dark blue??) 95-96 milly mirrors. they are a cleaner look and better match the lines of the car. check out my sig pic, the mirrors just dont look right in my opinion. The 95-96 mirrors also have a slightly shorter passanger side mirror and a longer driver side which makes them a little more unique as well.

the white mirror is non-heated and for sale, $7 plus shipping...

xedos - are yours electronic? if so I'm wondering if they would even work on US models, diffferent harnass perhaps?

Also, I don't have wind noise now, but smaller and slightly more aerodynamic would in theory create less. I only retract mine when in the garage so I can park closer to the wall

*edit* - xedos, how do they retract, if there a switch inside the cabin? I know of no place for the switch to control them.

MTS is correct; this issue has been discussed earlier. I don't know about fitting retract mirrors on a car not equipped from factory; the fact is there are only two wires in the mirror connector. Which means two way retract and 4 way adjustment is run on two wires, of which one probably ground connection :hmm:

The reason I asked about windnoise, is the newer mirrors have a design which I believe decreases noise. The upper edge has a groove. On the other hand, if the Xedos also had the older mirrors when launched, it was regarded as one of the most silent cars EVER driven in my favourite magazine. In april 1994. The Crysler Vision which it was compared to was not even near to compete in this area. Neither was the Merc E or BMW 5-series launched 1996.

I'll have a look at the pics in the magazine.