00 To 95 Conversion

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believ i did notice more windnoise in my 00 compared to my 95 comming from the A pillar/mirror location. the inferior areodynamics may be to blame for the paint flaking on the older model mirrors.

FYI: the heated mirrors have 5 wires going to the connector and the non-heated have # wires, make sure you ask the seller what you are getting if you are thinking of doing this upgrade.....

The number of wires really stumped me; I dismantled the driver side mirror because the retract function went ballistic during a -24 degree C drive. I bolted it back on and claimed a warranty repair, which was granted. But surely there was only one two wire connector, I would have seen if there was a second connector/ harness running from the door to the mirror when it was dismantled. I remember being surpriced that the connector was placed behind the door molding, meaning this had to come off to replace the mirror. Hardly convinient.

the smaller one should be more aerodynamic, and regardless of its a brick in the wind, that shouldn't cause paint flaking.

trout - what is this of a trunk lid? I have the trunk lid from an 02 (no trim plate) pretty good condition, one small dent that could easily be fixed. I also have the trim plate off my 00 which I'm now willing to part with.

• 2 weeks later...

MTS is correct; this issue has been discussed earlier. I don't know about fitting retract mirrors on a car not equipped from factory; the fact is there are only two wires in the mirror connector. Which means two way retract and 4 way adjustment is run on two wires, of which one probably ground connection :hmm:

The reason I asked about windnoise, is the newer mirrors have a design which I believe decreases noise. The upper edge has a groove. On the other hand, if the Xedos also had the older mirrors when launched, it was regarded as one of the most silent cars EVER driven in my favourite magazine. In april 1994. The Crysler Vision which it was compared to was not even near to compete in this area. Neither was the Merc E or BMW 5-series launched 1996.

I'll have a look at the pics in the magazine.

I can now confirm the older Xedos models have the same mirrors; found this one, 5-speed for sale here :)

IPB Image

No, he doesn't. Which is why all this talk about them started in the first place.

I suspect England made their own choices when it came to picking equipment though. Didn't they always? They still drive on the wrong side of the road and measure in inches.

Therefore retract mirrors just might be stock on LHD Xedos. What a shame I didn't check out the EARLY XEDOS I PARKED BESIDE ON SATURDAY. First time ever. Imagine; there are only two known Xedoses in my part of the country with 166000 citicens and 15299 square kilometres, and I parked beside the other one! It did have the early mirrors. Guess I was so stumped I forgot to check this detail.

Symbol on the button.... or they will be retracted... BIG CLUE. LOL MANY MANY MANY Millenia S's in my town... mind you it is 1/2 million... and since 97 or 99 I think only s's were sold in Canada

well there are a few still around, i know of atleast 10-12 around my town. Only a few S's though..Like 2 or 3 S's. Very rare to me. not included in the 10-12, there was this one guy that had one like mine, all black with the S alloy rims like BHR but gunmetal color, and it was tu-tone interior, I believe it was the special edition, but it didn't have an S on the back...i think it was just a 2.5 with specials....it was nice, i've seen it twice, now it's gone because he drives something else, the bank must have took it from him...and he had Zoom Zoom on the back glass in tribal letters.

as do i bhr