Focusing Headlights

new bumper is one thing, but steve, just use the method I described above, it makes it extremely easy to remove the headlights and you don't come close to any paint.

Exteremely easy? Look at 01-02 headlights they have shaper edge on the grill side. Its not easy at all.. You have to bend the bumper piece which feels like you are about to break it..

There is a yellow support above the lowbeam projector on the right. Did you cut that one? I guess you do it differently. I pulled the headlight to the front of the car that needs excessive bumper bending. Removing the grill is a piece of cake compared to taking headlight out from the front.

IPB Image

no, the tab cutting applies to 97-00 housings, anotehr thing that makes 01-02 even easier, pulling from the front would be a pain in the ass and I'm amazed you got it, you stick a long screwdriver between the inner most support an the frame, then wedging from the back of the headlight push it out, but ONLY push out one side of the headlight, once its out you can grab hold and just pop the other side out.

no, the tab cutting applies to 97-00 housings, anotehr thing that makes 01-02 even easier, pulling from the front would be a pain in the ass and I'm amazed you got it, you stick a long screwdriver between the inner most support an the frame, then wedging from the back of the headlight push it out, but ONLY push out one side of the headlight, once its out you can grab hold and just pop the other side out.

I dont think it is possible. I even loosen the side frame, it didnt come out that way. The reason is the lowbeam projector housing is hitting something when i try to free the outer side first.

not outer side, INNER MOST SUPPORT, the one closest to where the grill would be, you pop out the inner part of the headlight first, your highbeams are actually smaller then on the 97-00 making it much easier. Its hard to explain without taking pics or showing you, but when going by the above method its extremely easy. Don't be afaird to push hard though, nce you've taken all the bolts out its only held in by ball and socket joints....nice metal ones that won't break, unlike crappy plastic ones on jeeps

01-02 fogs are the easiest thing to remove but they suck, I wish I had the 95-00 fogs. I can even really aim my fogs. If I had the money I would change my front end to the 2000 front with 95 headlights. Yes BHR downgrading as you say but I like the looks alot more.

-Steven

the projectors on the millenia are extremely well engineered, I have never seen such output from an H3 fog before, including aftermarekt h3 fogs.

years ago for my old Jeep I bought a pair of some semi well known brand projectors, put quality none chink h3 bulbs in and was quite displeased at how the millenia outperformed them hands down