Headers To 2.5l

Hi all. My brother is planing to put some headers to his 2.5L. After MTS, it seems that it is doable also to 2.5. Here is the current conf:

'00 Xedos9 2.5L, less than 100k km, factory tranny cooler, Remus muffler, two consecutive Evo9 resonators, Evo9 cat convertor, 60mm piping. Resonators and cat are titanium, pipes are SS. After putting the cat exhaust has a very nice tone he said.

How is this set:

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=150271587363

How about a turbo set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Ford-...sspagenameZWDVW

I know you would say the tranny.. What else is needed like O2 simulators or such?

If he could succesfully put a turbo kit in a Xedos, he would be my hero. I bet that tranny with the cooler can still handle a good 20-30hp without problems, so a ligh boost load wouldnt hurt. But looks like it would be less work on the 2.5 than what MTS did since most of the work is already done. I would recommend him a good CAI though to have the complete i/h/e system. Just tell him to find an exhaust shop that knows what they are doing.

The O2 sensors and simulators is still unknown, as I am still not getting any codes, except for I think I have a faulty rear bank upper O2.... shall see more when home again....

And you dont have precats anymore right?

Steve the guy very well knows what he is doing. He does custom headers and mufflers (to your taste) but too expensive and car has to lay in the shop for 5 days.

The O2 sensors and simulators is still unknown, as I am still not getting any codes, except for I think I have a faulty rear bank upper O2.... shall see more when home again....

And you dont have precats anymore right?

Steve the guy very well knows what he is doing. He does custom headers and mufflers (to your taste) but too expensive and car has to lay in the shop for 5 days.

No pre-cats, only one high flow cat.

AND NO, the bolt pattern on the heads is different. The middle lower bolt is different by about 1/2".... that is the only difference

• 1 month later...

Headers are in. There was a crack which is welded and they had to do some custom work as MTS said. Anyways, it was pretty straightforward for his exhaust guy, my brother said. High rev power has increased he told.

Xedos you can consider them. I paid US$250 shipped, dont know about the labor.