What Is Needed From Wreck To Bench Dyno A Kj-zem?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is white/blue it is a good chance that it is from the S/C... but these cars also get valve guide leaks in higher mileage cars. Mine is starting, I know this as there is no oil to speak of in the s/c. Mine only smokes after prolonged shut downs... like weeks on end. But it far more blue than it ever was when the S/C was failed. S/C oil leak seems to be cottony white and very foul smelling, much different than normal burnt oil smell.

lmfao okay, so the burning oil isnt bad right??

does yours ever have the white/blue smoke?? or is it just My S?

Burning oil is never good, but if it is a reasonable amount and you keep it topped up all the time, then you just need to keep an eye on it. If it starts to get worse something needs to be done.

yeah well mine doesnt EVERYTIME, but sometimes and usually its nothing more than a puff, but still able to see the cloud travel.

Make sure you are checking your oil at least once a week and keep it at the full mark. You will destroy the engine in no time if you drive it when the oil is very low. If you have to add oil a lot, than you need to find the problem and get it fixed.

yeah well mine doesnt EVERYTIME, but sometimes and usually its nothing more than a puff, but still able to see the cloud travel.

Make sure you are checking your oil at least once a week and keep it at the full mark. You will destroy the engine in no time if you drive it when the oil is very low. If you have to add oil a lot, than you need to find the problem and get it fixed.

no worries, im constantly checking into it. I hate to say it, but I might get rid of the car soon. I have a decent amount of money saved up, so i'm either going to look into a newer milly, or the Bmw 335i. I know, alot of ppl will be upset, but so many problems with mine :( I love the car though, we'll see, still in decision mode.

If it turning into a money pit... time to shed it off....

oooo ive been trying, dont you worry. I just havent found the right person to sell it to. It is a great car, but like any 99, its almost 10 years old. I think i'll keep it around over the winter, but come spring/summer im going to look for something newer or just new.

Nah, a true enthusiast will keep it as a second car. Speaking of second, the other of two 00s sold new here came up for sale the other day. Turned out to be a blue 5-speed with half my milage, but it was sold immediately. The last time a 00 was put up for sale, was in 2002, and I got it :)

:drool:

a shame you couldn't have gotten it.

you can have mine for 3500 :)

and one thing, my buddy has a VW GLI (the 4 dr sedan) and wants to race me. His is turbo and has 200bhp, the milly S, MCE s/c with 210.

What do you think? should i accept or say no?? whos got the better shot?

I would say gli would beat at 0-60, milly has a chance in highway pick-up.

I dont burn but loose oil and dont know where it goes. how is that?

:noidea: it must be going somewhere, leaking or burning off... well... unless its shrinking... is it a lot?

I know. Not a single sign of blue/white smoke from the exhaust. No drops of oil at all in my parking spot. No fresh oil from VCG as far as I can see. And I lost about 2 qts. in 3000 miles! I lost half quarts in less than 1000 miles since last change...

Saint maybe you should take off the splash shields and get under the car and see if there is any trace of leaking oil, maybe it only leaks it under load. Thats wierd though, dissapearing oil is never good cause it has to be going somewhere and hopefully its not going to the cats.

Saint maybe you should take off the splash shields and get under the car and see if there is any trace of leaking oil, maybe it only leaks it under load. Thats wierd though, dissapearing oil is never good cause it has to be going somewhere and hopefully its not going to the cats.

I should buy one of these oil lights that mechanics use. Do you know what are they?