Will MTS sell his millenia?

mts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on what? long term storage?

its very possible that someday in the coming years I will undergo this, draining all fluids, removing spark plugs and fogg the cylinders with special coatings, seal the entire block air tight, fill tires with nitrogen, special blocks so that the suspension rests at drive height but doesn't hold any weight.

some way they do from the factory, just a bit more time consuming.

there are people with boats that get stored long term that completly fill the block with some sort of weird NASA gel. I'm not sure how you get it out, but whatever.

then again if you resigned yourself to never driving a car again it wouldn't matter much, I suppose you could simply fill the whole thing with oil all the way to the top of crankcase.

you would drain all the oil and put new fluids in, under any condition always put new fluids in, never ever start a dry engine.

there are people that find older engines with 100k or more on them that have been sitting in fields or barns for 10 years or more, nothing special just parked there one day

change the oil, coolant, plugs, make sure waterpump spins, remove and flush fuel lines, fresh fuel, new battery and they start up

forced induction takes a bit more, best thing would probably be to remove and seal it on its own, and seal all the ports on the engine.

but this is all for ultra long term storage as in a decade or more with never being started or moved.

I personally turn the key to on but not start a few times just to cycle the fuel system a bit

not what I'v heard, cycling the key turns its on briefly like a start mode or something, but you have to keep cycling because it shuts off after like a 2nd

I want an electric oil pump so that when I go for a cold start after even say a week I can have a good amount of oil in the engine from the top, best results are in spring when changing the oil and then starting it up for the first time with fresh oil coming down from the top

I'v heard a new biggest load of crap ever

apparently there is a small group of people who believe if your changing your oil LESS then 7k your doing damage to your engine, and that synethetic oils don't even begin to "break in" and work well until around 10-12k,and should only be changed every 18-20

they seem to swear by it, and there were all doing harm, anyone who changes there oil at 3k is doing more damage to there engine then running it 30k oil, so they claim.

I'm not sure yet, but there probably just dirty hippies who want to cut oil use and watch all the cars on the road stop running so we can all be transported by buses that hover over the landscape powered by flowers

Take some older oil and smear it on your hands, then try to wash it off. Now try that with new oil. Which one comes off easier? The old oil, although contaminated, does a better job of lubricating. Unless you're running high compression (11:1+) or high boost causing blow-by I'd believe this. Blow-by will contaminate your oil with gas, and that's no good, but I honestly think it's better to change the filter every 3k and leave the oil for longer. I don't change mine for at least 16k kms (pure synthetic). I do however change my filter every 8k kms and top off the oil.

umm, wouldn't it be the reverse....

considering oil doesn't mix with water the old oil would have more dirt that can be scrubbed away and because its NOT lubicating you can wash it off, a good new oil would simply protect your hands from water or hrash soap, or rubbing, just like it would protect engine parts.