:shifty: Troutman Comes Through Once Again

what, chink cars? pretty much all from the mid-late 90's came with one, atleast here.

Give it another 10-15 years and I promise every car will even come with remote start

also xedos, I have to check, but I don't remember there being any way to open the millenia's trunk without the button to unlock or the keyfob, our trunk lock does not push in and unlock

what, chink cars? pretty much all from the mid-late 90's came with one, atleast here.

Give it another 10-15 years and I promise every car will even come with remote start

also xedos, I have to check, but I don't remember there being any way to open the millenia's trunk without the button to unlock or the keyfob, our trunk lock does not push in and unlock

There is that child handle inside the trunk. Xedos button on the trunk is mechanic, you have to apply force and it is not funny to try to open it when its cold or rainy outside. And sometimes it is locked, then you have to put the key in.. Definitely not practical compared to millenia.

....umm, are you sure?

I know the 01-02's had the damn pussy latch, but in 95-00 they did not, I freakin hate those things man, if you put someone in the trunk you don't want them to have a latch

As for the trunk itself I just checked, there is no button, and the lock is a solid piece that sits behind the cover, just enough room to slip a car in, basically the same as the door locks

....umm, are you sure?

I know the 01-02's had the damn pussy latch, but in 95-00 they did not, I freakin hate those things man, if you put someone in the trunk you don't want them to have a latch

As for the trunk itself I just checked, there is no button, and the lock is a solid piece that sits behind the cover, just enough room to slip a car in, basically the same as the door locks

No child handle? 01 has for sure. I remember 00 xedos has.

And you are right you dont want a latch if you put a man inside :)

Yup, when I got the trunk for my 01-02 tail lights it had it, mine doesn't and good ridence, I would have cut it off anyway, seriously what the fuck, even if I beat them into subsmission some slut could still pull it and get out on the way to dump site.

And really, was people getting trapped in the trunk really enough of a problem that all companies tied to ford started putting it in cars?

There is that child handle inside the trunk. Xedos button on the trunk is mechanic, you have to apply force and it is not funny to try to open it when its cold or rainy outside. And sometimes it is locked, then you have to put the key in.. Definitely not practical compared to millenia.

Each to their own taste I guess. I definitely prefer the pushbutton trunk opening, which means anyone can open the trunk as long as the car is unlocked. Passengers not wearing the remote would have to use the switch on the passenger door to get it opened, in my opinion that is not convinient at all.

I will admit to slight winter issues though, mainly stuck pushbutton after washing the car in freezing temperatures. But a quick spray of antifreeze does the trick. Regular winter driving is no problem, unless you have a problem with removing snow to access the button after driving on snowy roads. But then, of course, you're a pussy and maybe should stay indoor.

sometimes people are jackasses and just SLAM it shut, or worse touch the point

When I close the trunk I pull it slightly down by the license plate, then when falling I catch it with my fingers on the license plate lights, hold until about 3" and then let it drop, just barely enough to latch it shut. No contact with point, no extra force, no extra stress

Although the last time I used my trunk was in april when I moved, and before that probably MWM07...

there is only 1 correct method, mine

avoid all damage, avoid paint contact, plastic can always be washed and polished, but a finger paint on paint

"Oh I'll just put my entire palm on the top of your deck lid and slam it shut like its a rear ended honda and without 800 billion lbs of force it won't latch shut"

there is only 1 correct method, mine

avoid all damage, avoid paint contact, plastic can always be washed and polished, but a finger paint on paint

"Oh I'll just put my entire palm on the top of your deck lid and slam it shut like its a rear ended honda and without 800 billion lbs of force it won't latch shut"

I saw worse, they push the trunk with the keys in the palm! I of course touch the paint..

....I'v seen sluts do that in parking lots sometimes, what about the people that put shit on top of there hoods to unlock it or something, bags of groceries, drinks, greasy food anything

what the fuck, you insist on having a coaster on a 300 dollar table for a 30,000 dollar car doesn't matter?