Stainless Steel Brake Lines

ChiTown

what brand of stainless steel brake lines would you guys recommend? the goodridge ones are listed for years 95 to 98? will they fit my 2000? i also saw technafit brand or sometin llike that. anyone have a trusted seller or link?

i need new pads all around and rear rotors so i might just upgrade everything. where would you guys recommend i buy some drilled rotors? i think i will stick with ceramic padsw and keep the rims clean for now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chitown - information like that can be guarded at times, we have a really hard time finding oem part numbers for anything.

My question has always been you can search by part number and aftermarket companies know what matches...so there must be a reverse database somewhere.

As for your question, I got my SS line from corksport and were corksport brand, tirerack and horsepowerfreaks have kits for the millenia, I would highly recommend the x-drilled KVR rotors, and upgrading the front pads, keep the rear stock.

chitown - information like that can be guarded at times, we have a really hard time finding oem part numbers for anything.

My question has always been you can search by part number and aftermarket companies know what matches...so there must be a reverse database somewhere.

As for your question, I got my SS line from corksport and were corksport brand, tirerack and horsepowerfreaks have kits for the millenia, I would highly recommend the x-drilled KVR rotors, and upgrading the front pads, keep the rear stock.

tirerack doesnt carry the lines anymore. horsepower freaks has the techna fit ones. kvrperformance.com sells their lines "goodridge tested". just need to know which ones to get, i heard there were some issues with install with the goodridge ones but me no fo sho.

are your kvr rotors coated, i found two places to purchase them but no option to get them coated...

chi I have some brand new X-drilled rotors I bought for my millenia but they didn't fit b/c the 01/02's have larger sized rotors..the hubs have been painted silver...not sure if u'd be interested

thanks but i think i will just go cheap with everything for now. i am going to replace the rear rotors and pads only and skip any performance upgrades for now, winter is almost here anyway, and now my horn doesnt work...its always somethin. the fuse is still good, goin to test the relay right now......................

how they bend or crack, thats one of the main reasons you get, stainless STEEL brake lines

:huh:

You get stainless brake lines because they don't swell, thus more pressure goes to the piston in the caliper. All braided lines have a coating on the outside, that coating is what cracks. And if they didn't bend then they would break every time there was a change in suspension position. Again, common sense.

how they bend or crack, thats one of the main reasons you get, stainless STEEL brake lines

:huh:

You get stainless brake lines because they don't swell, thus more pressure goes to the piston in the caliper. All braided lines have a coating on the outside, that coating is what cracks. And if they didn't bend then they would break every time there was a change in suspension position. Again, common sense.

I guess he thinks ss lines are tougher and they dont bend at all :don:

and once again ren is living in the 70's

SS lines are plastic lines with a SS wrap around it, more or less, plastic lines break because they swell and they can't take it, the SS reenforces everything, so yes more goes to the pedal, but modern lines hardly swell at all, and when was the last time you heard about someone slamming on the brakes and a line bursting...oh right never, up until the 80's it was quite common.

and once again ren is living in the 70's

SS lines are plastic lines with a SS wrap around it, more or less, plastic lines break because they swell and they can't take it, the SS reenforces everything, so yes more goes to the pedal, but modern lines hardly swell at all, and when was the last time you heard about someone slamming on the brakes and a line bursting...oh right never, up until the 80's it was quite common.

Women on average say 6000 words in a day, men only 3000. For someone that apparently dislikes women you sure seem to act like one. You don't know anything but keep on talking. Either you're a hermaphrodite or lat's not the only 'different' one on the site.

ALL stainless brake lines have a coating on the outside that is some form of plastic, and it can crack. Given a stainless steel braid is not water tight, the plastic/rubber on the inside of the braid does the sealing, the braid prevents swelling, and the outside protects the braid from wearing. If the plastic breaks, which does happen, and the braid rubs through then the fluid runs out. I've read a few times that goodridge lines are no good. Instead of spewing your stupidity and putting someone's life at risk, shut the fuck up and let people who know what they're talking about give advice.

BHR its really no use to argue these things with someone who works in this field and has done it for alot longer than anyone here. I have yet to see Ren be wrong about something so maybe you should start to believe him when he says something. Just a suggestion.

Dude, this forum is just to keep BHR from writing in other forums. And it is not open to search engines so nobody can find the posts here. What are we doing here? Every prison needs some guardians :D

ren would make a damn good 5.9 owner and love there circle jerks, but as usual with anything outside 70's technology he's wrong.

If the above mentioned brake lines are cracking under cold or whatever then its shitty plastic combined with faulty SS, but more then likely just bad connections.

You drive a jeep with a pushrod engine. If you consider Henry Ford's original design technologically advanced, then even at 70's technology I'm on the moon and you light your house with candles.

And no, I'm not a dyslexic white American whose house resembles a bus, and consider returning empty bud light bottles as an income subsidy. I will never be on a Jeep forum.

Dude, this forum is just to keep BHR from writing in other forums. And it is not open to search engines so nobody can find the posts here. What are we doing here? Every prison needs some guardians :D

The water cooler is the only section which cannot be searched or accessed by non members, along with some of the tech areas other members paid money for. Otherwise anyone can search these forums - But if you think this forum keeps BHR from posting eles where you do not know BHR. He still whores Jeepsunlimited, audiworld, novajeepers, and maybe even bimmerforums. Last time I checked he's averaging 5-7k a year at JU alone.

• 5 months later...