Stainless Steel Brake Lines

ChiTown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After mid 01 front rotor diameters increased by 1 inch. IIRC the caliper is all the same yet the knuckle is not. If you have 01 and if you can fit a pen between caliper and outer edge of the rotor, you have small rotors (which I had). You can safely buy larger 01-02 rotors (I did). This will be a nice upgrade.

There is a tread with pictures on how to install. If you dont have it send me a private message for the link. I remember there is a rubbing issue but it is still doable (at least for 95-00).

they did NOT increase by one inch, how many god damn times can I say this, they are 11.2, PERIOD, the they look slightly larger because of the dust shield.

I sold my old rotors to a member with an 01, malice, platinum, don, and others with 01-02 ordered from the same place, which said 95-02 and there rotors and everything were just fine.

Also, the brake lenght would be the same, and it wouldn't matter, there is always extra.

The problem seems to be ebay sellers specing the wrong rotors for different years, not sizes.

I think they don't need to be different, so thats why earlier years fit. I do know (or at least am pretty sure) my front rotors on my 2002 are a bit larger when laid on top of my 1995 rotors (both stock - never got rid of the rotors I replaced on my 95).

Where is a good place to get new front rotors, in your opinion BHR?

they did NOT increase by one inch, how many god damn times can I say this, they are 11.2, PERIOD, the they look slightly larger because of the dust shield.

I sold my old rotors to a member with an 01, malice, platinum, don, and others with 01-02 ordered from the same place, which said 95-02 and there rotors and everything were just fine.

Also, the brake lenght would be the same, and it wouldn't matter, there is always extra.

The problem seems to be ebay sellers specing the wrong rotors for different years, not sizes.

I will not go thorough explaining the size difference again. I remember posting pictures of my old and new rotors and references to reviews that tells the difference. Only thing I know is stocks were smaller and new ones are larger and fit just right.

Stevester is correct of course. Stock or unstock, S or non S doesn't matter. Facelift or nonfacelift is what matters, up front. Larger discs on facelift. Rear should be the same size all years.

Isn't this fairly basic knowledge for a remotely mechanically inclined Millenia enthusiast? I mean; even I, the electrician, walk around remembering these basic specs.

I'm far 2 low on pancakes to argue this, and no there SHOULDN'T be a difference between S and L, yet I can name far more people who have used different year rotors with no difference, so I fall back to brand and cheap ebay rotors vs quality.

the dust shield IS different, if/when I get a silver 01-02 I plan on putting my current rotors on it, and getting some new KVR's, or maybe a big brake kit for the 00

"Seeking to address a number of those issues, Mazda made several significant changes to the 2001 package that add to its visual, structural, and mechanical appeal.... A final touch involves upsizing the front brake rotor diameter from 10.8 to 11.7 inches. "

http://www.automedia.com/2001_Mazda_Millen...rts20010701mm/1

I had a comprehensive post trying to tell him the difference. If he is biased you cannot change his mind..

rotor, millenia

95-01 $115.89 $82.40

Brakes - Brake components - Front brakes - Rotor index%2Ecfm%3Faction%3DgetJointLocator%26siteid%3D214814%26chapter%3D%26Sectionids%3D%26groupid%3D0%26subgroupid%3D0%26componentid%3D0%26make%3D22%26model%3DMillenia%26year%3D2000%26catalogid%3D1

"Seeking to address a number of those issues, Mazda made several significant changes to the 2001 package that add to its visual, structural, and mechanical appeal.... A final touch involves upsizing the front brake rotor diameter from 10.8 to 11.7 inches."

http://www.automedia.com/2001_Mazda_Millen...rts20010701mm/1

I had a comprehensive post trying to tell him the difference. If he is biased you cannot change his mind.

why the fuck would I be biased, its a fact, and your wrong, take out a damn measuring tape and see for yourself, 11.2" rotors from a millenia, to a millenia, and lets face it, other then new tails with a trim plate, and some new headlights, nothing changed.

at this rate I might even do it myself since I'll take the caliper off for something else :shifty:

Beyond Hopelessly Retarded :rolleyes:

A not too successful upgrade of looks is the least important change on the facelift model, in my opinion.

The reinforced floorpan, upgraded front brakes and alloy suspension parts are far more interesting in my book. In fact, a facelift model with pre facelift looks would be an ideal car.

But as we all know; no point in arguing.

except there were no changes to brakes.

I think I heard once it was suppose to be 20% stiffer, but I can't feel it, my 00 is much better then any stock 01-02 I'v driven (however that takes into account my ugpraded sway bar, lowering springs, and mileage)

I do like SOME of the interior changes, but thats about it

and once again ren is living in the 70's

SS lines are plastic lines with a SS wrap around it, more or less, plastic lines break because they swell and they can't take it, the SS reenforces everything, so yes more goes to the pedal, but modern lines hardly swell at all, and when was the last time you heard about someone slamming on the brakes and a line bursting...oh right never, up until the 80's it was quite common.

Women on average say 6000 words in a day, men only 3000. For someone that apparently dislikes women you sure seem to act like one. You don't know anything but keep on talking. Either you're a hermaphrodite or lat's not the only 'different' one on the site.

ALL stainless brake lines have a coating on the outside that is some form of plastic, and it can crack. Given a stainless steel braid is not water tight, the plastic/rubber on the inside of the braid does the sealing, the braid prevents swelling, and the outside protects the braid from wearing. If the plastic breaks, which does happen, and the braid rubs through then the fluid runs out. I've read a few times that goodridge lines are no good. Instead of spewing your stupidity and putting someone's life at risk, shut the fuck up and let people who know what they're talking about give advice.

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHA

You and your wit have been missed dear.

Absolutely love House!!