Eunos 800 Ad

enginph

Yes but Amati was suppose to be to Mazda what Lexus is to Toyota. If the car had stayed as an Amati it would have alot more features and would have competed with Lexus and Acura etc.

Imagine what the Millenia of today would look like... And what improvements they would have made on the MCE to compete with the higher horsepower cars of today.

I don't want to hear shit about it being priced to high

hydunia which is a fucking economy car is trying to sell a 375hp full size luxury seden and claiming it can take on germany luxury...its a fucking economy company, get out of hte fucknig market, atleast mazda was never a dedicted economy brand

And frankly, look at the new 6, in 2004 you could get a base for 12k, and fully decked the fuck out loaded for 18 w/ taxes, now its bigger then the millenia, sporting things like oem hids, nav, push button ignition, leather, huge power plants, huge rims, and basically a full on luxury car, and fully loaded go for 38? even adjusting for inflation and adding the options on older models thats still 35% more

And what about 04 and 08 models?

same thing, EXACT same car, base in 04 was 12, then the base went to nearly 16-17? non mazdaspeed loaded went from 17,700 to around 28...

I hate, and i mean hate this shit, companies trying to make EVERYTHING a luxury car? more people thinking they need more, spending more.

Civic - the BENCHMARK for economy now can cost more then a full size family car did just 8 years ago, and thats when things were great and people didn't care about money.

Build a fucking economy car and don't make it ugly, hubcaps, no nav, no hids, no leather, no fancy toys.

oh fyi - the millenia still stands as one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world, sure the enzo and some others have overtaken it, but not many, infact the current piss ugly ass styling is killing aerodynamics....ironically

"The Prius has a a drag coefficient of 0.26 cd" I would have never thought the prius is more aerodynamic that the Milly.

Hybrids or electrics have very low drag coefficient, they have to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficients

Now someone should put a very clean, high quality photo of a milly side photo. I would ask bhr but he doesnt have the cam for that. If nobody has i will take one today, I just washed :D Meguiars gold class smells sweeet..

is it more aerodynamic? doesn't look like it, and either way, something designed 15 years after the millenia.....

its still a piece of shit economy car, when you try to become what your not you lose any respect, mazda never made that mistake, but are risking it with the new 6, the millenia atleast was an excuse as a luxury line.

and this whole "going against german luxury for 20k less"

1. part of that is the fine you pay, people will not pay luxury car prices for an economy badge. Companies start out and become one thing, changing jsut drags on business, caddy was never economy, rolls royce never made college trend cars, honda doesn't make luxury cars, they started a new brand, and even though those cars are shit, they started out with a mission.

2. that extra money people are paying is for engineering, for getting in the car and not having a new light blinking, a piece of plastic falling off, and something stupid not break every week.

3. you say you drive a hydunia, well thats an economy car, if you tell them what you paid regardless of what it has they would pimp smack you.

4. in the end its not about what the car has in terms of useless gizmos, its how they all come together, how well the car works, how it works in reality without having to cover up anything, you can still shut the door and get a nice solid thud compared to a "please don't hurt me Im falling apart" sound

The millenia has that nice thud when closing the doors sounds very similar to a BMW's door.

And yes you are right, companies should stick to what they know and what has worked for them in the past.

For instance BMW, they were trying to make a cheaper car and they did (1 series) but they can still charge 35K for the name. Its also alot about social status, the CEO of a company should drive a Mercedes while the secretary should drive the Corolla. Companies are trying to get rid of that.

bmw is really fucking up there image and it has REALLY hurt there bottom line, BF has been on about it for years, all those "enthusists" are now pretty much gone and won't pump money in for new models and won't even buy used, or will buy older models

the X6 is by far the biggest offender, 1 series bad, but hella worse if they try to bring to the US

X3, X6, new 8, M6, 1 all need to go

The 1 series is in the US already, they are pretty popular around Miami Beach for some reason. I have also seen the X6 hideous rear end but from the front it looks badass. My dad had bought an X3 for his wife and he hated it to small, too slow, he thought it was ugly and had some major problems for him, he gave that in and got her a C240. And he bought himself a 530i, my favorite car. I got to ride in an M5 before, that thing is a BEAST.

I have yet to see a 1 series anywhere on the road, I pass a dealership almost every day and haven't seen one either

seen a few x6's and piss are they fucking ugly, and there marketing "the coupe redefined" no you fucktard, coupe = 2 dr, and if its an suv, even a shitty crossover its nto a coupe

I'll tell you what they did, they took a 3 series, lifted it, and chopped off the trunk, thats it.

yeah the new x6 is pretty weird looking. I live in Niagara Falls Canada and i've seen just about every kind of car there is to see, recently i saw a gallardo and that was pretty pimp, bentley's are dope too.

The coupe thing, my dad just bought an 08 Mercedes CLS63 amg and they define that as a 4 dr coupe too, i dont understand it, but the car has balls, ive driven it already and wow, hes got that and an enclave, they're both sick, but the benz, wow!

I now live in Athens, GA. I live behind Athens BMW. They have several 1 series for sale, and they park the convertible ones on the grass in front. But my favorite car right now from BMW is the 335i coupe with the dual exhaust. I mean yeah my favorite cars are still the X5, 760Li, and the 550i, and the M series, but dang my neighbor at my apartment complex has a black 335i coupe, with black windows and a black tinted windshield, it's bad ass!

GO DAWGS!