Blinking Cel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

windows 98 and up with 32megs of memory, you can't manage that?

I don't see a price anywhere though

Heck! There used to be a list of free softwares on scantools page. Now they have their commercial software and free list disappeared. I am sure there is free software somewhere..

My laptop battery is dead, it goes half an hour..

yes, my laptop is a sony vaio pcg-grz660 but if you run it on its own for 10-20 minutes at a time, the CPU heats up to like 210 degrees and the computer shuts down. also, the battery only lasts 5 minutes

210F? Are you sure? If it didnt fail yet i guarantee you it is close...

Damn...does anybody have a picture of where the obdII port is?...im thinking soeone ripped the thing off on my Xedos 9....I know its supposed to be above the gas pedal, abobe near the firewall...but heck! All i see is a bunch of wires.

I used to have vag-com on my audi...and i loved it all the way. I could do all sorts of tests, put autolock at 15 miles on the doors...etc...etc...

Umm, Your Xedos has no OBDII port...

It does however have a dignosis connector in the enginebay, on the driver side firewall. I had a local garage pull the codes in april, when I discovered the knock sensor failure. The Xedos has no check engine light either...

I used to say it has no check engine light and no problems; I've quit.

Damn...does anybody have a picture of where the obdII port is?...im thinking soeone ripped the thing off on my Xedos 9....I know its supposed to be above the gas pedal, abobe near the firewall...but heck! All i see is a bunch of wires.

I used to have vag-com on my audi...and i loved it all the way. I could do all sorts of tests, put autolock at 15 miles on the doors...etc...etc...

Umm, Your Xedos has no OBDII port...

It does however have a dignosis connector in the enginebay, on the driver side firewall. I had a local garage pull the codes in april, when I discovered the knock sensor failure. The Xedos has no check engine light either...

I used to say it has no check engine light and no problems; I've quit.

Bummer..i'll have to get that led thingy! Tks Xedosman!

yes. that's what it gets to, and then the thing turns off. i have a software thing that shows me the current cpu and HD temps. if sitting on its own running, it will heat up until it shuts down. i have to have a desk fan pointed at it, and even then it keeps it at 165-175, and HD at 100.

yes. that's what it gets to, and then the thing turns off. i have a software thing that shows me the current cpu and HD temps. if sitting on its own running, it will heat up until it shuts down. i have to have a desk fan pointed at it, and even then it keeps it at 165-175, and HD at 100.

I use this one:

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

It controls the fans and keeps the temperatures in the range that I set. I keep CPU between 40-45C. This way the fans are quiet for most of the time. But I think this is only for dells..

xedos - isn't cuto's a 2000, why wouldn't it have a port?

I believe OBD II is a US standard, though I suspect some newer euro cars have a connector. But not the Xedos. I had a local dealer pull the codes this spring. I'd like a convinient method to do it myself as well. It stumps me the Xedos has no check engine light either.

I enjoyed the pleasure of xedosing to work today, always a treat to experience the zeppelinish ride on snow and ice. She eats curves for breakfast, balancing front and rear grip with throttle input is childs play.