Blinking Cel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our cars have to pass inspection every second year. O2 sensor or Cat failures are very rare here I believe, as in usually lasts the car out.

Part from that we drive 1,8 litre instead of 5,7 litre cars, and even use bus or train in the cities. At least it is an option.

My friend has to commute from San Diego to Irvine every day (60miles one way). There is a train, Amtrak. One way ticket is $18, if he drives his civic, worst case he will get 30 mpg which is 2 gallons = $3.60 now.

So public transport costs $18, car costs $3.6, not to mention car is much faster (Amtrak stops and always delays) and by car you will go to the exact final destination. So public transport sucks here!!

well, to be fair you have to count in a payment, maintance, insurance etc

but you also have to include parking for the train, metro would be cheaper for me to attend hockey games, but when I have to pay parking, well it costs me more then driving and parking there.

Also, public transport is good in terms of metro and train, but buses to get from houses to the stations sucks, and overall, public transport is seen as a lower class and dirty. And in the US its for good reason, cheap gas, wide spacers, there is no reason.

I've just quit driving to Oslo when on business trips, it is a 2,5 hour drive with little traffic, at least one hour more during rush hours. Parking on the train station is 1/4 of Oslo parking, plus the advantage of saving at least an hour by train instead of the car due to said traffic. Plus I can read or take a nap. Price on the train both ways is only slightly more than one night parking in Oslo. Thankfully I use the company car, I'd hate to leave the Xedos over night alone.

Personally I find the lack of/ inferior public transport in big cities like LA disturbing. I realize your gas prices are way too low for public transport to be able to compete, but still. Here, the general rule is public transport costs about the same as gas, but as pointed out, there are other expenses than gas. And there are often discount tickets due to stiff competition, plane verus train or bus, which makes public transport way cheaper than driving. Personally I have no problems with sharing a seat with whoever sits there, occasionaly it turns out as a real treat, like a flight from Toronto to Heathrow last year. Dallas can confirm :P

I googled DUI, maybe I got the wrong meaning (drive under influence). I'm trying to keep up with ya in a foreign language remember.

You'd have to ask Mazda about the missing lightbulb :noidea:

I completely agree it is stupid.

Well...i went for my owner's manual and guess what? No CEL at all. Heck....Japs are weird! But they really know how to make cars....

IPB Image

Really? :hmm:

Thats what he told me after I showed the drawing. Will take a picture soon...

On mine...there simply is no "slot" in that place. Its pure black plastic. Other than those on the owners manual, there simply aren't any visible transparent spaces.

On mine...there simply is no "slot" in that place. Its pure black plastic. Other than those on the owners manual, there simply aren't any visible transparent spaces.

Exactly. I don't reckon adding a bulb will address this issue.

Exactly. I don't reckon adding a bulb will address this issue.

Btw Xedos, try this and tell me if it works

http://www.mazdaxedos6.com/english-diy.htm

http://codes.rennacs.com/Manual-info.php