Oh Fuck Yeah I'm Starting A Thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it has not been started since nov 26th

I have alot to do though and right now I don't have the time.

I figure I'll be spending around 2-3 hours cleaning the engine bay, sanding and repainting certain areas, removing any bolt that doesn't appear new and replacing it. Then another hour underneath, including sanding down and painting where I'v scraped etc.

but those are after it gets started. I still have to fully open the capsule, jack up, change oil, new air filter, measure calipers :shifty: clean and replace CAI filter.

And much more concerning is my float charger, being hooked up for days it still has not reported status green yet...On my Jeep it takes about an hour or so

So again I have to get it started and drive around with as many things off as possible, get the battery heated up and fully charged.

Also have to reset audio system

possibly bleed brakes

and it might even be time for another wash - meaning I could drive it around for a few days.

and why is that a bad idea task?

I don't want any bolts rusted, I want them in perfect condition as well as looking like it, You need to keep in mind I plan to keep this car for decades to come, its much much easier to do these things now then 30 years down the road.

And yes, I know one day i'll have to replace all the vacuum lines and hoses - and ill upgrade them to something that will last even longer. Ideally I would have 4 millenia's. My current, 01-02 Silver S, red ME, and a donor millenia that I can just tinker and toy with without fear of messing anything up.

You haven't owned a Jeep, bolts rusting out from mud or water/salt and then stripping with such ease its like there butter. Hell just yesterday I had to drill out a bolt on my brush guard.

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea... Just overkill as usual BHR.

Just use some penetrating fluid on the bolts/nuts and screw/unscrew them. Make the threads clean.

Just change bolt/nut when you go to a car show... or never if you don't expose your car.

I don't want them to ever rust, keep in mind the car was a daily driver for nearly 40k, brutally unacceptable looking back.

I have noticed that the millenia seems to use better quality bolts then most cars. Alot of the bolts on my jeep - also a 2000 don't look new be any means and can be a pain getting out - but I don't plan on having that jeep 800 eon's from now

Machinist Handbook gives the limits for bolts that are torqued. I am talking industry standards, not back yard mechanics... ;) I have re-used many a bolt. Even in this weekends major surgery, the beast lives.....

:hmm:

The millenia was driven, at first it was odd, almost like the TCS was kicking in at 30-40% throttle in 2nd gear, but it went away, after about 40 miles the ecu relearned everthing and it was quite excellent

Hesitation from old fuel... ;)