The Millenia's Powerplant Roars To Life

yes, but my optima has been fully discharged for several months before, plus the battery charger can't fully charge it.

and no, optima's make tons of sense. for offroading and extreme angles you really need something dry cell, as well as deep cycle to drive winches, extra lights etc, but since that doesn't apply there great for big sound systems and starting, my rep top lasted alot longer then the factory battery. I think it was a panasonic originally in the millenia. One half cold morning in the garage it didn't start...I was pissed.

I did have my system installed which may have had something to do with it, but still

Something should have drained your battery. My original battery died when I forgot a map light IIRC. Then it was never the same again. It had 7 years and 100k+ miles. With the new battery map light kept on over the weekend and there is no issue..

there were 2 years were during the winter I totally removed the battery so it sat for 3 months or so and drained, other years it has been left, but drained only a bit before being charged off and on. It was only last year I got my first maintance charger which did work, this year however the battery seems more or less shot. Last week after it was fully charged I drove around and parked for a few hours, drove some more and never a problem.

My aftermarket HU takes some power, clock, ecu, and very oddly sometimes the climate control has reset itself when the charge is very low. I do NOT generally arm the alarm though

Grand cherokees have a special fuse, IOD or something, its not a master fuse, but it for storage purposes and basically cuts power to everything except the main ECU and tranny controls.

• 2 weeks later...