Tranny Is Shot

My brothers tranny is shot. It doesnt engage to gear when he stops and its hot. If it moves it drives normal. They opened the tranny and there were lots of pieces on the filter. They are looking for a rebuild kit now. I checked german ebay with no luck. He changes ATF very often, every 6 months or every year. And he has the cooler. I dont know why it died so early.

I would assume us parts would fit with no problem, I wouldn't recommend shipping a whole tranny though

Yeah shipping a used, unknown whole tranny makes no sense. Mazda gave a list totalling $6000 (parts only). It includes the control unit as well, what the heck? How about those rebuild kits?

Its only the parts excluding tax and labor. Just torque converter and tranny control unit cost $3000.

Pitty it's in Spain, but i think these guys can rebuild/repair almost ANY tranny: http://www.automatic26.com/

I'm gonna send them an enquiry.

BTW: a friend of mine blew an Audi A6 tranny, dealer was asking about 5.000 Euros to fix it. He shipped it to those guys and had it rebuilt in a week for 2.000 Euros.

P.S. WOW i see they now pick up a car anywhere in Portugal and Spain for FREE!

They have tech assistance from http://www.atsg.biz/ in US.

Vids here:http://www.youtube.com/AutoMaticKumy

Heck we couldnt find a part. FU2G19370A. Mazda says it is discontinued and there is no substitution. Its the plates in tranny we need 4.

These? http://www.japancars.ru/?curr=3&searchstring=FU2G19370A

Woa...very cheap part.

Heck I didnt know any russian. It is cheap but I couldnt find it in USA. I called couple dealers around as well as online dealers. All say the same, it is not in stock and they cannot order.

are you on crack you fucking idiot

CVT is one of the top 10 things tht should be banned, hybrids and tractors, even then your a dirty hippie

the L does not have sportier shifting and incase you forgot you can use the hold and "shift on command" in both models, except in the S you take more advantage of it and you know what the S tranny is far superior - I see tons of 2.5 trannies getting shot to hell, can't remember ever seeing an S tranny

none of this matters since its an automatic and you shouldn't be using hold

BHR if you know anything about CVT's or the MCE you would know they are a good match. CVT transmission provide endless gear ratios and matched with the MCE's good torque curve the Milly would be alot quicker. CVT's will be the future for passenger car transmissions, they are more reliable, smaller and improve gas milage by upto 25%.

I never said the L transmissions were reliable cause from seeing so many fail we know they are not unless maintained properly. But they do shift smoother and at the right times which is more of a programming thing. When I can I drive the Milly on hold, so I can choose when it shifts.

NO it will not be, they are useless GARBAGE

they do NOT provide increased gas mileage, infact often you get LESS because you always have the car at higher rpm's trying to take advantage of the power - when in reality there are many times you should be using as LITTLE as possible

they are not reliable in any sense of the word, why do you think they are LIMITED to only very low power apps? I don't know where you heard 25% mpf but your dead wrong, that would make certain hybrids have SUV gas mileage without it, and the EXACT same cars like say the maxima with and without it have ZERO difference in mileage. The only difference is the cvt is for dirty hippies who want to forget there driving so its a very poor seller.

I want a car to shift very firmly in all gears.

"Metal belts don't slip and are highly durable, enabling CVTs to handle more engine torque.

Advantages of CVTs

Constant, stepless acceleration from a complete stop to cruising speed Eliminates "shift shock" -- makes for a smoother ride

Works to keep the car in its optimum power range regardless of how fast the car is traveling

Improved fuel efficiency

Responds better to changing conditions, such as changes in throttle and speed

Eliminates gear hunting as a car decelerates, especially going up a hill

Less power loss in a CVT than a typical automatic transmission

Better acceleration

Better control of a gasoline engine's speed range

Better control over emissions

Can incorporate automated versions of mechanical clutches Replace inefficient fluid torque converters"

BTW the honda Insight (a hybrid) has it as does the audi A4 and A6

"the Nissan Murano's CVT can handle its 3.5-liter, 245-horsepower V6 engine"

"Another way to look at the savings is to figure that the 20% possible improvement in efficiency offered by the CVT versus a powershift "

100% wrong

those are not advantages.

they are modelled for exactly that "shift shock" so that hippie soccer sluts who don't even want to be bothered with driving while driving so they can be on the phone planning gangbangs and watching spongebob on a rear dvd are removed just 1 step further.

What the fuck is so wrong with wanting a car to be a car.

it is NOT technical advance, it has been around for decades but it can ONLY be used with low power apps

it will never be popular, hell its already on the decline with hybrids and the new gen maxima goig away from it. People don't like it, its LESS reliable then a PROPERLY MAINTAINED transmission and is just an all around fuck

any sports car for example would NEVER use this sinc, and I hate to say this but you use the engine to help slow you, blip the throttle and go. cvt does nothing but waste power and if it could handle the 200hp or more iwthout breaking apart then it might help you get out of the ditch you just drove into.

I would like to make it clear that the hippie garbage cvt's were talking about are garbage and I would rather run sand and gravel in my tranny and it wouldstill run better.

constant variable - trash and obama would like it

a true CV tranny, as in constant velocity that was outlawed in F1 a few years ago, those are 80000% different and would be amazing

on more thing to consider, cvt are horrible and I mean horrible for cars, infact I doubt you could punish your car much more. all day long the car runs at a single rpm since startup causing beyond compare wear and tear as well as allowing real carbon to build up and the engine work into a groove. Other things people consider as "marketing issues" that can be fixed with software. I have a better idea - but a much better, cheaper, stronger, better tranny in

1 more thing, the whole "reliabilty" thing is based around the fact that chains and belts don't slip....this couldn't be anymore of a lie unless it came from obama. solid gears do not slip or break, chains and belts however stretch with age/heat/cold wear out and just finally break.

Look at tranfer cases - anyone who knows anything will avoid chain driven ones (basically a mini CVT) in favor of solid gears.