Do You Guys Want Coilovers For The Millenia?

Posted this on the .whorg, but you guys deserve this thread.

I have been dealing a lot with KSport lately and brought up a concept to them to create a set of coilovers for the Millenia.

What they need from the Millenia owners: An initial purchase of 10 kits. I know that if this deal would have come up a few years ago, many people would have jumped on this, but now this is for real, and I have a company willing to work with us. It is your time to step up.

How much Other Mazda coilovers are priced below $1k Shipped to anywhere in the contiguous 48 states - the price will be similar for the Millenia. GREAT PRICING!

If you are genuinely interested please sign you member name to the list below so that I can get a clear number on interest. Sign your name on one site only....

I hope that more than 10 will be interested, this will give us a bigger chance actually get this coilover in to production.

Thanks,

Chris

Hmm, I would be interested to know more. A few years ago I would have almost instantly jumped on this, What kind of ride and right heights are we talking about?

I would honestly be more interested in a big brake kit first though

The way these coilover are set up, you can drop the car as low as necessary WITHOUT losing any ride comfort. If you want to drive on the floor (which I know you wouldn't) you could, and retain ride comfort.

Pretty much same thing goes with the brakes, if we can get 10 people, we can get it done. Only thing is that that is pretty expensive compared to this.

but I would need 10 kits sold, before they produce these for me.

so far only 1 from .org

What a shame, after years of whining about limited aftermarket parts, now when an option occurs there is minor interest. The hardcore Milly enthusiasts are getting fewer day by day...

How is damper longevity and ride quality? Comparable to stock?

Longevity should be good because unlike a single tap coilover, you are adjusting where the strut is, not where the spring is, therefore the strut is performing at optimal travel at all times (well unless you go beyond its limits of course). You can tune the struts but they will most likely be a bit more sporty than stock.

Chris

I can't believe that more people haven't jumped on this. Ksports are reasonably good suspensions that carry a 1 year warranty and are rebuildable. At this price, it's cheaper to have coils than to replace stock with stock.

As for the BBK, this is exactly the reason it didn't happen.

I am no longer in possession of a Millenia, or I would have been all over this.

WWHATTTTT!

I'm seriously concidering it, but I do NOT want a bouncy ride (as in lack of rebound damping compared to spring stiffness), if the setup is say no more than 20% firmer than stock damping it wold be fine. Clue, I take it the damping is adjustable, do you know if there is both bound and rebound adjustment?

You can adjust the dampening, preload, and height. Check out information on a full tap coilover.

I'm seriously concidering it, but I do NOT want a bouncy ride (as in lack of rebound damping compared to spring stiffness), if the setup is say no more than 20% firmer than stock damping it wold be fine. Clue, I take it the damping is adjustable, do you know if there is both bound and rebound adjustment?

For that price Xedos, there's no way they'll have separate adjustments for both compression and rebound. They will probably have a single adjustment for both. I wonder if you can order specific spring rates, or if they're all the same?

like I said, I would love to get in on this, but don't have the funds right now and would like alittle feedback before committing anyway.

I agree its a shame there isn't more interest, so I don't want to hear any bitching in the future.

Of course you could always buy 10 and try to resell on ebay to the masses or something

For that price Xedos, there's no way they'll have separate adjustments for both compression and rebound. They will probably have a single adjustment for both. I wonder if you can order specific spring rates, or if they're all the same?

Thanks for the good words Ren. Like I said before, there are preload adjustments on the springs and valve adjustments as well.

As for me buying up all the kits.... Anyone want to go in on it with me?

because lat, unlike nappy obama supporting ghetto rats who defaults on everything and stand in welfare lines talking on cell phones I never spend money I don't have

You're kidding right? You think it's only black people that overspend? Look at the housing market in Las Vegas (Nevada being prodominantly white). Not to mention Nevada supported McCain, not Barak. I also disagree with overspending, but it has nothing to do with race or politics. Stupidity goes beyond the borders of politics or race.

because lat, unlike nappy obama supporting ghetto rats who defaults on everything and stand in welfare lines talking on cell phones I never spend money I don't have

You're kidding right? You think it's only black people that overspend? Look at the housing market in Las Vegas (Nevada being prodominantly white). Not to mention Nevada supported McCain, not Barak. I also disagree with overspending, but it has nothing to do with race or politics. Stupidity goes beyond the borders of politics or race.

I think i need to clarify:

[those who] default on everything and stand in welfare lines talking on cell phones I never spend money I don't have

is what I agree with

I do not agree that it is only the "nappy obama supporting ghetto rats"