What Its Like Driving My Millenia

Yeah both the ac and heater is awesome. Keeps ALL windows clear even during -30C continous driving with 4 passengers and temp set at 22C. Truly impressive. I mean, I could turn up the heat and have a sauna in there during said conditions...

The Mazda 6 is not remotely in the same league, I'd say around 70% lower heat capasity. AC is good though.

Would it be off topic to point out that the Xedos is also much better at towing?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah both the ac and heater is awesome. Keeps ALL windows clear even during -30C continous driving with 4 passengers and temp set at 22C. Truly impressive. I mean, I could turn up the heat and have a sauna in there during said conditions...

The Mazda 6 is not remotely in the same league, I'd say around 70% lower heat capasity. AC is good though.

Would it be off topic to point out that the Xedos is also much better at towing?

I totally agree with you. The thing is the control system of the auto is not accurate. It works proportional to the temperature error (proportional control). Whereas it should be proportional-intergral control, so the temperature error between set and real temperature will eventually be zero.

If I start a journey with 75F (25C) I end up putting it to 88F for the same temperature inside. This is the case either the outside is 50F or 10F.

Xedos, keep in mind that in EU they use a better refrigerant for AC.

Today I've added 100 kms to the odo and enjoyed every one of them, contemplating how much better drive the Xedos offers compared with the 6. The firmer suspension which arguably is more comfortable in the long run, the vastly lower seat height and noise level, the relaxed engines smooth sound and power delivery, the way the new 235 General tires soak up the battered tarmac surface in perfect cooperation with the state of the art suspension... :wub:

Today I've added 100 kms to the odo and enjoyed every one of them, contemplating how much better drive the Xedos offers compared with the 6. The firmer suspension which arguably is more comfortable in the long run, the vastly lower seat height and noise level, the relaxed engines smooth sound and power delivery, the way the new 235 General tires soak up the battered tarmac surface in perfect cooperation with the state of the art suspension... :wub:

Really, firmer suspension is one of the most important aspect of a car for me. It just feels more comfortable or I would say the comfortable feeling of better gripping the road.

MCE is smoother and of course the power

on a semi related note, how the F can people drive 4cyl cars? there like buzzing little bee's that won't go away, even high end ones sound like utter crap compared to a smooth 6, low steady rumble of a v8, howling of a v10 and utter screaming of a v12

Well a small 4-cylinder is an excellent gas saver. I wouldnt mind driving one. And its easier to maintain. A mazda3 guy in another forum changes (pays the dealer to change) his spark plugs every 10k kms (6k miles), which is as frequent as oil change. I was trying to tell him no need but he says he uses cheapest and labor is very cheap. It is not a horrible idea afterall.

Yet some are surprisingly shaky. I couldnt believe how shaky my friends audi 2.0T was. And it was new at 20-30k miles. Camry on the other side is pretty smooth.

The Camry engines have balancer shafts, I'd say my 2,2 was smoother than the KL around 2-2,5k. But NOT beyond 3,5k. Yet very good for a 4pot. They generally have more torque on low revs than a similar size six too. But a decent straight or 60degree 6 is hard to beat regarding refinement. Takes a 12 actually.

As for cruising, I mean constant speed. Even a 2,0 Xedos is a good cruiser.

Yup, that's the big difference between the 6 and the Xedos. 3k equals abit over 100 km/h and a beginning intruding engine note in the 6. The Xedos 2,5 does 120km/h with 3k, but is very smooth even beyond 160 km/h.

Heck 100km at 3k? This is even worse than milly. Is it auto?

I dont know why in the world engine needs to rotate that fast while it only needs 30 hp to keep the car going. It can even produce it at 1k rpm.

My 6 is 1,8 5speed manual. For our speedlimits it is not too bad, but 2k on the diesels equals 120 km/h, much more relaxing.

The 5speed Xedos has 10% lower top cog gearing than the 2,5 auto. It should still cruise well given the extremely smooth midrange KL. 3,3k at 120 km/h give or take. At those speeds I can't hear the engine AT ALL even at 4k granted I'm not accelerating. Less smooth at 2,5 k actually.