Say Goodbye

steve, let me explain, your WRONG, yes maybe a factory replacement would cost 1000, but keep in mind mts had CUSTOM headers built andinstalled for less then that

Get a used part for cheap, or CUT OUT the cats, there was a great discussion awhile ago about how you don't even need them.

As I stated, get rid of them. Buying a new car is just stupid. As angel pointded out your going to incure massive new costs, and what if those cats are bad, what then? Don't be a obama and get credit you don't need

He has never listened to us before, I doubt he will take our advice now. But it is a great opportunity for a performance upgrade.

You son of a bitch, thats not an upgrade

Agreed.

Also agreed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve, let me explain, your WRONG, yes maybe a factory replacement would cost 1000, but keep in mind mts had CUSTOM headers built andinstalled for less then that

Get a used part for cheap, or CUT OUT the cats, there was a great discussion awhile ago about how you don't even need them.

As I stated, get rid of them. Buying a new car is just stupid. As angel pointded out your going to incure massive new costs, and what if those cats are bad, what then? Don't be a obama and get credit you don't need

He has never listened to us before, I doubt he will take our advice now. But it is a great opportunity for a performance upgrade.

You son of a bitch, thats not an upgrade

Agreed.

Also agreed.

NO Shit he doesn't listen.. Its so much cheaper to get the cats changed out. Had mind done and no where even came close to 1,000.00. For crying at loud, look on ebay!!!

AND ITS A DOWNGRADE! :whistling::mad:

I Believe this the first time bhr and myself agree on something!

the fix really is up in the 1,000 dollar range. it isn't as simple as buying a cheap cat because it is a precat.

i have the same thing wrong with my '99s. i just decided that since it hasn't effected anything, and i don't care about the environment, that i won't be fixing it.

i hope you can get the MS3 though. I would love to have one.

how have i never listen before? i went with the remus didnt i and i took chitowns CAI and i fixed that solenoid problem cause yous helped!!! listen i dont wanna get rid of it, if i knew how to fix this i would but i dont wanna fuck anything up...if u can tell me how to fix this problem in detail please do...cause i got an actual estimate on how much the fix would be and he said $3600 for the front left cat and a rear cat and $2500 for just the front left cat! HELP ME instead of fuckin yelling AT ME!!!!!!!

i would drive around with it like this but if i get pulled over again im royally fucked!!! its like a $350 ticket and i could loose the car!!!

i love the millenia, it is a great car and all but its not the best! you make it seem like its a lambo or something, shame on me and shit, like i said if i knew what i was doin and how to fix it i would

first, is there any type of update on this exhaust thing? you told me you would keep me in the loop and that hasn't been the case so far..if you don't want to do it, just let me know..i'm starting to feel like i'm hounding you..

second, ok i've refrained from giving my opinion but i might as well...after all we're all "family" right?

steve, why do you care so much about what everyone is saying? if you've done your research and you feel getting a new car is the better option for you, then why not do it?? obviously it makes more sense to keep the car you have over taking on a car payment, but if you honestly feel like you're at a point where you're dumping too much money into it, then let it go..(i say that b/c i don't know your history of problems)

have you tried getting a second opinion?

who's steve?!? my name is matt!!! im sick of everyone giving me shit!!! if u guys think its so easy to fix it, then someone help me fix it!!!

ive been to 3 diff. shops and they gave me the same answer, the millenia is one of the worst cars to work on and the parts are mad expensive! so if you would stop tellin me what not to do and what to do thatd help

and sorry i havent updated on u with the exhaust thing because i still dont kno what im doin...im not spendin over $1500 and a fix so looks like a new car is in the works but if someone can offer and nice way to help me fix this problem im all ears

Street, if your precats are not working I believe your Milly will still pass inspection, once the engine is warm the main cat takes care of emissions. The precats are supposed to work during warmup. Just to give you an idea how crucial they are, my Xedos doesn't have them at all. As far as the repair quotes are concerned, I find them redicilous. Dealers are better avoided if you want to maintain sanity.

:hmm:

xedos, did you remove them, or were they simply not there?

granted emissions are slightly more lax, I find this interesting.

oh fyi, I have noticed on the millenia much much more so then other cars that you can't push the car at all until fully warmed, the cats really need to heat up and heat up nice and hot before they start working.

how have i never listen before?

Well... It started here:

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1836

Then here (where the correct fix was posted for the first time):

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2044

Then here (for 3 months):

http://www.mazdaworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2591

And a final topic was started about the same thing in another world halfway through this one.

street

How is it failing emissions and did it start with the custom exhaust? it MIGHT be failing because an O2 sensor is throwing a code, any code will cause it to fail, not because of the actually fuck you al gore coming out the tail pipe.

Did you do a replacement cat with your exhaust? if so, or if not I think the best course of action is getting rid of (or just hollowing out) the precats, installing an 02 stimulator (35 bucks) and then running it

:hmm:

xedos, did you remove them, or were they simply not there?

granted emissions are slightly more lax, I find this interesting.

oh fyi, I have noticed on the millenia much much more so then other cars that you can't push the car at all until fully warmed, the cats really need to heat up and heat up nice and hot before they start working.

The Xedos has no precats from factory. I've never had codethrowing issues part from once, the knock sensor. As for cats affecting performance, all they do once warm enough is reduce emissions, not increase performance. I should guess the main cat gets warmed up quicker when there are no upstream precats to heat up first. I also guess two extra cats knocks off performance abit. I might be wrong though.