Hid Kits

enginph

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall the topic, but must admit I was too ignorant on the subject matter to understand. I recall the procedure involved heating the housings in an oven to separate? But replace with what? Did you use the twin bulb, mechanical reflector or shield kind?

Bake the headlight in oven for half an hour, remove the precious "stock" lens and put a "RICE" bixenon lens, possibly coming from a lexus.

But which kind did you install?

"A bi-xenon system eliminates the need for a separate halogen high beam bulb/lens by either moving the xenon bulb within the lens or by moving a shield up or down in front of the bulb (depending on the reflector design) to allow light to escape from the lens in a different pattern."

Does your bulb, shield, or reflector move for high beams?

holy crap balls. zao is either dead and replaced of missing some parts.

I have a fully custom bixenon setup, reviewed many times over.

the shrouds and trimmed and custom fit from an audi s4, the projectors themselfs are from an fx45, bixenons with movable shield. In addition to this I have modified the projectors for more color and shaper lines by lensing out hte parabolic lense for a clear audi lense, as well as a "spacer" mod.

holy crap balls. zao is either dead and replaced of missing some parts.

I have a fully custom bixenon setup, reviewed many times over.

the shrouds and trimmed and custom fit from an audi s4, the projectors themselfs are from an fx45, bixenons with movable shield. In addition to this I have modified the projectors for more color and shaper lines by lensing out hte parabolic lense for a clear audi lense, as well as a "spacer" mod.

All of which behind a semi clear plastic headlight...

Incorrect, the wiring spoken of in other thread is something else.

All you do for bixenons is connect the high beam + to the bixenon solonoid. When you pull the factory highbeam switch the highbeams engage.

I do have an override switch in order to have fogs on only, which also serves as a way to make sure hid's do not flash should the alarm ever go off.

Also yes, the outer housings are my original 2000's which as I proved with a video all 97-00 lenses are GLASS.

why this was even a debate I do not understand, but the video I made shut everyone up. 96-95 plastic and fog 01-02 also plastic and fog when exposed to ghetto rats.