Hid Kits

enginph

After seeing dear Zao's hids I am contemplating a new set to light up my way. There are sets on ebay for $35! I read bad stories about these sets like sometimes they dont turn on. Though they dont come with the wiring harness that is needed for direct connection to the battery.

Any suggestions? I am thinking about 5000K-6000K range. Anything bluer wont go with a black car.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5000k is the utter max of what you should be going with, 4300k is proper HID's

and yes, you have major problems with ebay kits, I run 1 in my aux offroad lights, I have issues now and then and certainly wouldn't trust them year round. DO NOT GO WITH 50W!!!!!

You will have serious heat problemsand people at hidplanet will laugh at you when your bumper catches fire.

A quality kit will run you 150-200. I have no compassion for people saying thats alot since I at 1 point paid 1200 dollars in 2001 for some philips kit.

4300k, 35w.

You can try the cheap kit, best case is after a few months the color doesn't quite match, worst case is failure, ground them well.

DO NOT just plug it and in go, hid's need to be powered directly from battery if you want any lifespan from them, only the remote turn on should be connected to factory low beam +

only the remote turn on should be connected to factory low beam +

What does it mean? Another problem is the panic button. I sometimes use it to find the car in parking lots. It blinks the lows twice a second. If I put HID I cannot use it. Or I have to cancel lows with the panic button which is PITA.

Do the lows turn on when flashing headlights? I know it turns off the fogs if I flash.

umm, you should never be using the panic button to find your car....

you should remember where it is, not like its a pieceof shit honda that blends in. I'v never once lost my car, ever, on crazy days I'v someties forgotton which car I drove - still not lost.

You could do what I did, do the fog light mod in reverse. This way only your fogs will come on with alarm or the switch unless you turn them on manually.

You can leave it as-is with no issues or add in a step for security + get fogs only

umm, you should never be using the panic button to find your car....

you should remember where it is, not like its a pieceof shit honda that blends in. I'v never once lost my car, ever, on crazy days I'v someties forgotton which car I drove - still not lost.

You could do what I did, do the fog light mod in reverse. This way only your fogs will come on with alarm or the switch unless you turn them on manually.

You can leave it as-is with no issues or add in a step for security + get fogs only

Hmm fog light mod i reverse should be to use fog light switch for lows? Lame. I was thinking of canceling the panic button on the remote.

No,

you wire hid's to aux switch, so you can "override" the factory system. Leaving them on if you want or making sure they can't come on. When you turn your low beams on you can turn off your lowbeams without fogs going off

hence, reverse fog mod

Do I need to put a capacitor?

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f93/tutorial...pacitor-109365/

I dont know where exactly he puts it but to me it is useless.

umm no, and that looks like a lexus forum, stay away from such piece of shit places.

nothing but chinky toyota's with some lowest bidder gold spray paint

all you need is an 18 dollar aux wiring kit - it will have everything you need to both properly power HID system and reverse fog/panic button protection

indeed good sir

We have a multi storey parking lot at work and I have to park to a different place everyday. After a long day I sometimes loose the car, like all others. I know we look stupid wondering in the structure. Well the panic button is not the most helpful solution in this situation I agree. But it does help me find it out.

10 second delay is unacceptable.

I dropped one of those "cheap" ebay kits into my 95 projecters more than 2 years ago now...and I did no OTHER wiring mod......they are same color and no heat problems...and I use them as DRLs everyday.....cheap kit be damned its still working with NO ISSUES.

Did it come with the wiring harness that you draw from the battery? The so-called complete kits now dont come with the wiring harness to drop the price. I bet 90% of the people use factory wiring that is not suitable for HIDs and tons of complaints on the net.

I checked the wiring diagram, I think blinking lows are controlled by ECU, impossible to cancel unless some mods that BHR mentioned is done.

I can consider designing my own delay circuit with 1 sec delay.

No harness or extra wires needed......they just plugged into my stock harness......since the thin capacitors don't fit in the housing, all I had to do was drill a hole in the cover of the lens caps to make it all work....

but you do have wires running from the battery to the heads right?