As a long dreaded day nears...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the kind words all.

...I should also confess to my secret mod for the pics. :shifty: In the boot I put 40 kgs worth of dumbells, 3 x 14" Suzuki wheels with tyres and a huge bag of fertiliser :D. All to make it sit a bit lower.

Camel, the wheels are BBS RX and they are available without chrome. I wanted to chrome to match the grille and trim around the side windows.

Even I, the emotionless machine that is the Troutman, am most upset at the decision I have had to make, but I will have run out of credit on my 3rd credit card. The only way I could keep it is if I go back to living at my parents and have the Eunie sitting on the street getting pooped on by birds... which is not my way of doing things. I don't sleep well unless the cars are under cover.

I also considered selling the 500 to fund a new S/C, but that would leave $0 for general maintenance and thus I'd end up bankrupt anyway. Thus the only option is to sell the 800, spend a grand or so on perfecting the 500 and put the rest towards debts.

When I do the Ebay ad in a few weeks, I will make a point of mentioning that if the new owner doesn't treat the car to my standards, he/she will be reduced to a pool of blood. In the meantime, I plan one final drive for pics. I will post updates when that happens.

trout, supercharger for sale less than 50,000 miles, going for 260 on ebay. pm for details.

Cheers for the kind words all.

...I should also confess to my secret mod for the pics. :shifty: In the boot I put 40 kgs worth of dumbells, 3 x 14" Suzuki wheels with tyres and a huge bag of fertiliser :D. All to make it sit a bit lower.

Camel, the wheels are BBS RX and they are available without chrome. I wanted to chrome to match the grille and trim around the side windows.

Even I, the emotionless machine that is the Troutman, am most upset at the decision I have had to make, but I will have run out of credit on my 3rd credit card. The only way I could keep it is if I go back to living at my parents and have the Eunie sitting on the street getting pooped on by birds... which is not my way of doing things. I don't sleep well unless the cars are under cover.

I also considered selling the 500 to fund a new S/C, but that would leave $0 for general maintenance and thus I'd end up bankrupt anyway. Thus the only option is to sell the 800, spend a grand or so on perfecting the 500 and put the rest towards debts.

When I do the Ebay ad in a few weeks, I will make a point of mentioning that if the new owner doesn't treat the car to my standards, he/she will be reduced to a pool of blood. In the meantime, I plan one final drive for pics. I will post updates when that happens.

trout, supercharger for sale less than 50,000 miles, going for 260 on ebay. pm for details.

Never use a used s/c doesnt matter how many miles cause the seals still age. Just get a new one so u dont punch yourself in your dick changing it twice.

Unfortunately changing it isn't an option, I wouldn't even pay next month's rent if it isn't gone by then. A shame, but then my main goal was to get it where I wanted on the outside, price no object - and this has been achieved.

Incidentally, the Eunie had one of its last adventures yesterday. I'd partially installed the HID kit from the 800 into the 500, but there must have been a short or something and the next day the 500 got stuck without battery power in a train station car park about 15 kms away. I caught public transport home and returned with the Millenia full of essential tools to repair the 500. And I won't be continuing with the HID installation, this is the last straw. No more mods!

At least it was a rare chance to photograph the Eunies side by side, shining like moonlight dancing in the eternity of the midnight ocean.

IPB Image