Transmission cooler install

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

angel, if its an aftermarket one then your good to go.

something like 80% of transmissions fail due to excessive heat. a tranny cooler greater prolongs the life of the tranny and the fluid(even though you should still change every 25-50k max) also under hard driving shift points will remain firm and true and may or may not help with slippage in older transmissons

angel, if its an aftermarket one then your good to go.

something like 80% of transmissions fail due to excessive heat. a tranny cooler greater prolongs the life of the tranny and the fluid(even though you should still change every 25-50k max) also under hard driving shift points will remain firm and true and may or may not help with slippage in older transmissons

Sweet!!! I was gonna do it to my older milly but when I got this car and had it inspected , the mechanic was shocked to see an aftermarket cooler.

• 1 year later...

Not needed, tranny cooler just cools fluid, the filter on the tranny itself is plenty.

Just looking at a tranny filter in the pan makes me think it doesn't filter that much. I know Ford recommends an inline filter on all rebuilds...Dealership even mentioned it as good preventive maintenance on my 6..