Lowering the Milly

mts

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually KYB makes the aftermarket rear ones, theyre named GR2 and works great, I found them better than stock actually. Great deal, being half the price here. They're NOT hard or harsh at all, but I think they have slightly more rebound damping which did my Xedos good anyway, more refined ride over large bumps :thumbup1:

Indeed, but to be sure check this; take off the rear shelf, and measure the thread diametre on top of the pistons. Apparently this is the thing differing. The KYB's have 10 mm threads, just like the stock ones in my 00 Xedos. The piston diametre is 12 mm, also like the stock ones. On some cars there is apparently 12 mm threads, which would cause a need for milling a bush to make them fit. No major obstacle in my book.

There is one difference though, which is also a minor obstacle. The lower spring holder on the KYB shock is turned 180 degrees compared to the ABS sensor wire braquet. Therefore the spring will have to be turned 180 degrees to fit, which is no problem, as the top rubbermount is free to spin. Routing the ABS wire on the other side of the strut is another option. I chose the first option. And my Xedos is running great with the KYB's.