how high is yours

I suppose people recommending a wheelbearing swap after a year storage doesn't have to pay for the swap; maybe they even make money on it. I am a great believer in not messing with things untill trouble occurs, at least no-big-deal issues like wheelbearings starting to rumble like halv a year before they really should be changed. Of course I do regular maintenance, and of course it doesn't hurt jacking up a car while stored. I'd be more concerned about tires than bearings though. Tires can be pumped up to maximum pressure as well, helps preventing flat spots. And like BHR said, the tires will regain their round shape after the first trip making them warm. I'd prefer the beautiful sight of a Milly sitting on its suspension while cuddling it instead of jacked up with its legs hanging like a slaughtered turkey, but that's me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose people recommending a wheelbearing swap after a year storage doesn't have to pay for the swap; maybe they even make money on it. I am a great believer in not messing with things untill trouble occurs, at least no-big-deal issues like wheelbearings starting to rumble like halv a year before they really should be changed. Of course I do regular maintenance, and of course it doesn't hurt jacking up a car while stored. I'd be more concerned about tires than bearings though. Tires can be pumped up to maximum pressure as well, helps preventing flat spots. And like BHR said, the tires will regain their round shape after the first trip making them warm. I'd prefer the beautiful sight of a Milly sitting on its suspension while cuddling it instead of jacked up with its legs hanging like a slaughtered turkey, but that's me.

yes but with alot of things if you wait until they are broke it will just cause more problems keep your car maintained

indeed, I don't see the wheel bearings being an issue, engine and flatspotting have always been my main concerns

Indeed. I did a quick calculation; my Xedos has now been on the road 7 years, 1 month and 5 days. During that time it has covered 131000 km. With a calculated average speed of 60 km/h it has been running 2183 hours. That means it has been sitting on its bearings 60001 hours. Or 6 years and 310 days. And my bearings are fine.

xedos, before you decide to stick with that comment, see what the camel does to his millenia.

the video even says "moe driving his millenia" and when speaking about the traction control you can clearly make out his voice...which I guess doesn't help since you weren't at MWM06, but anyone eles can tell its him in the drivers seat