Exhausts/mufflers

Does anybody know any good mufflers for a 1999 Millenia S...I know remus's are good but there a bit pricey...Does anybody know id Matrix Mufflers are anygood, espically the Type x-60 mini muffler? Or a JDM style high perfomance muffler?Or a megan racing mufflers...Please responde and help me out!!!!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first of all, a "jdm" type muffler is NOT high performance at all, half the time they just give the car an annoying ass bumblebee sound and I wonder who took the exhaust off there lawnmower.

remus are pricey, but worth every penny.

Some members have had great success with magnaflow and "reactive" mufflers. If your looking for power, then you might want to look into getting a custom 2.5" exhaust and high flow cat

The term JDM Japanese domestic market (JDM) is used to describe Japan's economic market for Japanese-brand goods, chiefly automobiles and parts. A similar term, United States domestic market (USDM) is used for US-market, US-brand goods.

In recent years the popularity of JDM auto parts within the United States has grown significantly as a result of the import tuning wave. Part of the reasoning behind this could be associated with drifting, a Japanese motorsport that has only just recently appeared in the US.

JDM vehicles often differ in features and equipment from vehicles sold elsewhere. For example, Honda has produced many different versions of the B18C, B16B and K20A engines for various markets worldwide. Generally, engines intended for use outside Japan have been detuned because Japanese Gasoline (Petrol) is of a higher octane rating than is generally available in the US.

There are safety hazards associated with using JDM headlamps in countries where traffic flows along the right side of the road, because JDM headlamps, engineered for use on the left side of the road, fail to light the right-side driver's way safely ahead while blinding oncoming motorists. Nevertheless, primarily due to marketing efforts, JDM headlamps are quite popular.

JDM imports are popular worldwide and have created a whole subculture involving motor racing.

Just a term, like us calling GM, Ford, and Chrysler domestics....

while that is correct in the proper since, sadly many people throw it around to mean "performance car" I blame this fully on video games with cars that are riced to the max and simply fantasy power and mods that in reality those cars can never generate, and frankly if you drove down the street would get shot.

This is a massive problem on ebay as well when performance products are laeled "jdm" I find this very amusing when made by say APC....American Products company.

My other beef is with 'euro" products. To date I have never seen a product marketed as "euro" and actually being being oem or used anywhere in the world but chink central station.

All "euro" products are labelled "german, english, autobahn tested, lemans , F1 inspired etc" for example the remus

Resonator smooths the sound before the muffler dulls it further.... removes the peaks. A muffler without a resonator will be still allow very sharp noise to pass.... the kind that snaps in the back of the head (or so it seems). You should really have both, if you do not want to sound like a Riced Honda.

I want it to sound good and look good an affordable price and i want a silencer so it doesn't sound so raspy. also maybe a short ram intake. I saw this http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/VIB1065.htm and it's afforable, a brand name, and it has a silencer i just need to measure the curve and see how well it would fit...

first: it wont sound good with that rice can.

second: for twenty dollars more, u can get a magnaflow or the many options provided above.

third: u drive a millenia. a millenia is a premium sedan. do u see any premium sedans advertised by muffler companies with a grapefruit cannon? i dont think so.

fourth: magnaflow,borla, and remus are companies made for such things.

fifth: take our advice.

sixth: there is no sixth. but i urge u not to buy the fart cannon. u want raspiness? buy rice shooter. want good quality performance and an excellent sounding exhaust? follow our advice.