Exhausts/mufflers

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you want is a quality muffler with a name behind it. Companies stay in business and go out of business for the same reason, customers.

having a ricey muffler is like driving down the road with HUGE sign that reads "I'm ghetto, and/or poor and/or don't research anything"

on the millenia its even more important to find a good exhaust since its a much smoother running engine. and when the supercharger comes into play it just adds another layer. thats why many love the remus, it is deeper but NOT louder at low revs, at normal driving it actually blends in the miller-cycle, there is no extra sound really and certainly nothing in the cabin to bother you (you may think an exhaust is cool the first few days, but wait a few more) and then at high revs its a much smoother, but louder tone, like aston or something. It won't howl like a 360, but sorta the same tone, just a lighter pitch

what you want is a quality muffler with a name behind it. Companies stay in business and go out of business for the same reason, customers.

having a ricey muffler is like driving down the road with HUGE sign that reads "I'm ghetto, and/or poor and/or don't research anything"

on the millenia its even more important to find a good exhaust since its a much smoother running engine. and when the supercharger comes into play it just adds another layer. thats why many love the remus, it is deeper but NOT louder at low revs, at normal driving it actually blends in the miller-cycle, there is no extra sound really and certainly nothing in the cabin to bother you (you may think an exhaust is cool the first few days, but wait a few more) and then at high revs its a much smoother, but louder tone, like aston or something. It won't howl like a 360, but sorta the same tone, just a lighter pitch

Exactly dont get a universal exhaust they leak the people that install them suck. You might pay a little extra but it will be done right get direct bolt on. Setup for the love of god lol

:hmm: u may have to go further on wat u mean. there arent any parts for the millenia. however, what street has to do is buy a good quality muffler (doesnt have to be expensive to be good quality i.e. magnaflow, borla) and find a good welder to do it for u. pretty simple. i say find a hotrod shop as they do it for cheap and their welds are very good.

ren, not bolted from the factory, I mean when you start cutting stuff off.

keep in mind the factory muffler has a bend in it that no universal muffler will have, so you would have to cut that mid pipe and weld on, or have them bend a whole new section of pipe to weld to the muffler and then to that connection

From the factory it's bolted (in most cases), so when you need to replace something, like the main cat, you unbolt the original, and bolt on a new one. If you use flanges and gaskets then it seals perfectly. I've heard people have problems with slip-fit exhausts, but I've never had one so I can't comment from experience. And a fully welded one sucks if you ever have to remove it, or any part of it.

My setup:

Headers (bolted to head - no shit)

collector with flex-pipe (bolted to primaries, flexpipe came welded to the collector)

cat (bolted to flexpipe)

resonator (bolted to cat)

main pipe (bolted to resonator)

muffler (bolted to main pipe)

This way I can remove and replace anything I want without having to break out a torch and welder. If my flexpipe wasn't stainless, I would have changed that to be a bolt on too.