Supercharger Needed

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....i think its just that the ppl who dont realize that there is extra needed have them fail on it......

I'm in a foul fucking mood over this and would love to argue with you but that nonsentence would give even BHR a run for his money..

What the hell are you on about??

well, it seems that ive already passed the halfway mark on that one. ;). btw...miller time, are u the original owner? if not, it could be your previous owner's fault. if u are, then my friend...now u know how to take care of it. but i think its more of a catch 22 than actual maintenance when it comes to the s/c failing

It is not necessarily the care... I bet if we truly delved into the problem by disecting all the falied S/Cs and compared them to yours.... we would likely find many different seal suppliers...

And I bet I could drink an entire keg over the course of one night;

if I wanted to.

Been there done that.... paid the price for it.... damn it is hard to drag a keg around a college dorm though ;)

well, it seems that ive already passed the halfway mark on that one. ;). btw...miller time, are u the original owner? if not, it could be your previous owner's fault. if u are, then my friend...now u know how to take care of it. but i think its more of a catch 22 than actual maintenance when it comes to the s/c failing

No -- like most others here I'm not the original owner. But I did buy it at just under 50,000km so it should run as good as it looks. Actually, it came down to two cars, both the same blue and I paid 2 grand more for this one to get the lower mileage (the other one was 72,000km I think).

But something has always struck me as a bit off with this car. Very low mileage yet two bad wheel bearings and a hangar bearing required replacing almost immediately. What the hell gives with that? The windshield is aftermarket too although that could happen to anyone. Thing is, this windshield is really pitted - like someone drove for five straight years in Saudi or something. Yet the paint on the front is fine and the interior is flawless, which doesn't support a rolled back odo.

Anyway, back to my ownership. While I like working on cars I've got nearly zero time, so all oil changes with the exception of one were at Mazda -- as was the first major service. If there was anything wrong with the type of oil or filters or whatever...it's STILL their fault in my mind. And aside from the occasional WOT run I don't drive it hard at all.

It would indeed be interesting to do a post mortem on every failed Milly sc to see what might be discovered. As it will be interesting to see if the GM of this dealer calls. Last time I talked to him he laid it on real thick about the importance of customer service and how he was going through the place top to bottom to improve things. Wouldn't it be nice if he made me the poster child of obscenely attentive, way above and beyond, drop to your knees and swallow service!

And if not...plan b strategy continues to evolve.

You know -- on my way to work yesterday someone nearly made a left coming toward me right into my grill. I'd say closing speed was on the order of 90m/h or so, what with his 10 and my 80. For an instant I actually thought it might be the best solution.

But then I remembered the Milly's marginal crash rating for the lower extremeties and flashed my lights. I'll take having two legs of equal length over the money, thanks!

Oh yeah -- thought I heard a little clatter starting up on my way out to lunch today. Of course it is minus 20 here at the moment. :lol:

Well -- now that we're back from whoredom -- here's the update:

I talked to the General Manager of the dealership today who made sympathetic noises and agreed to go to bat for me at Mazda Canada to get a warranty repair. He wasn't terribly hopeful and neither am I, frankly but at least he seems willing to make an effort.

Hence Plan B

Obscene fucking price but there you go. A pittance compared to new at Mazda and still a hefty discount off a quality rebuild. Let's hope it ain't shyte.

OUCH... so when do you want to wrassle that bad boy in? *please let it warm up* :shifty:

Yeah -- crap the price sat there at two something for days and then just went batshit the last fifteen minutes. I was going to put in six bills all the while telling myself it was crazy overkill. In the end I paniced and really upped it. Only time will tell if that was smart.

As for the procedure, yeah, let's see what the weather does the next week or so. It would be fucking miserable to attempt it in these conditions. It's only thanks to your eagle-eyed patrol I have anything at all to install! :thumbup1: