Supercharger Needed

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is an already rebuilt S/C, but it seems pretty pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-Mille...1QQcmdZViewItem

However, here is a used S/C that the seller claims is in fine workinf condition for only 200 dollars. I generally see very few bids on these so at 200 dollars its worth a shot, even if you have to rebuild.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-MAZDA-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Addtionally, this may be the time to test if a mercedes AMG s/c would work, providing added boost. It was an old concept idea that was scraped, but if your going to have it out anyway...

It would require cutting some things off the side, however, without knowing the exact layout of the 2.3 and how its placed it may or may not fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-Superch...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't even consider the used one. The seller has a total of 0 feedback, and no detailed pics. And on that rebuilt one there will be a lot of duty, and since they ship with UPS, there will be an astronomical brokerage fee too. This will probably be the cheapest route for you to take:

http://www.canadiansupercharger.com/mazda_supercharger.html

Before buying you could ask them if they'll take the $1800USD instead of the CAD price and save yourself $100.

Miller go with PSE its the best choice cause some companies that do rebuilds only rebuild half of it PSE guts the whole thing. Save your money and do it. I went that route and no problems ever since. But i thank everyone @ MAZDAWORLD FOR THERE HELP AND SUPPORT AND THE CHOICE I MADE

I remember the thread, but I was pretty sure we called BS since he never supplied pics and then vanished.

If the car is running great, not smoking, and your not getting any CEL then I would certainly investigate this further. If the S/C is going bad you will have smoke, no if's and or butts about it

When I start my car it never smokes, except if its cold and there is the normal smoke that all cars produce at certain temps.

I do know that if you rev the engine within the first 30seconds it will smoke, but again thats most cars and mine has done it from day one, so I never do it.

It should be a much thicker smoke if its going bad.

Just wondering, but how hard is it to rebuild a s/c. Mine is in perfect condition, but in 30 years or so if it does go bad it would be hard to find a replacement

When I start my car it never smokes, except if its cold and there is the normal smoke that all cars produce at certain temps.

I do know that if you rev the engine within the first 30seconds it will smoke, but again thats most cars and mine has done it from day one, so I never do it.

It should be a much thicker smoke if its going bad.

Just wondering, but how hard is it to rebuild a s/c. Mine is in perfect condition, but in 30 years or so if it does go bad it would be hard to find a replacement

Your car is gonna last you 30 yrs :ph34r: . But the answer is yes unbolting stuff that has never been moved in 30 is gonna break. But no car lasts 30 yrs only if your restore it.

if my supercharger can last 12 years and 295000 miles...urs will last longer than u.

The longevity of your blower is amazing Anubis. How one could go so long and another die so young is mindboggling.

(The first one to put that down to premium gas gets a smack...)

O O O O!!! I WANT BOOBY PRIZE!!!

wait...wats this booby prize? darn canadiens and their odd ebonics :P. but yaaa...i dont know man...like not everyone got their supercharger failing on them. i think its just that the ppl who dont realize that there is extra needed have them fail on it. anyway...its not like my supercharger is at 100% either. the shit is starting to fail lil by lil. im just trying to muster the money so i can get it replaced/rebuilt b4 it does.