Supercharger Needed

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller Time.

If your still interested, here is one gonig for 200 U.S, its not a rebuilt one but seems in good order, plus the seller has a 100% feedback rating

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supercharge...tem250091962185

Thanks for the head's up. That's a bit old for my comfort zone but I had only that to choose from I'd probably ask for some internal pics.

Shipping has conveniently gone from 40 to 115 because he "underestimated" the weight. :whistling:

Well -- I did ask for insured airmail so probably my doing. Still that's three to five business days, not overnight.

Mazda update: Total line of shit from the dealer and head office, as expected. Car way out of warranty....blah, blah, blah...even just sitting that part could have deteriorated....blah, blah, blah....we don't acknowledge any weakness in design....blah, blah, blah...but do call again should you have a questions.

This is where I always get into trouble. I assume the person I'm trying to persuade needs only a coherent and reasonable point of view presented. And always, always, willful ignorance prevails in the end.

Good and goddamned lucky I went ahead with the auction while waiting for my knight in feces-covered tinfoil to return from battle...

It went probably more like this:

"Bob, it's Bill. Yeah, got another sap with a Milly lookin for a handout. Shall I give him the usual line?"

"You know it buddy. How far did he get?"

"'bout a hundred k or so."

"That far, eh? I'm impressed. Go sell him a car."

"Like white on rice. Say hi to Betty and have yourself a great weekend."

I don't know where these prices are coming from, but at my trusted dealer I asked about this once and he said to replace the S/C, including parts and labor would be about 4500, so I don't know where this other 3k is coming from.

Another reason my mazda dealer is the only one to ever touch my car...that and a ferrari performance shop

I talked to one Mazda dealership... Woodstock Mazda to be exact... changed a S/C on an 01 Milly... all said and done (under warranty due to mileage) $16000 for the job. Can you imagine? I know, it was padded to make money off the warranty but HELL, how many people have been rooked into these?

I don't know where these prices are coming from, but at my trusted dealer I asked about this once and he said to replace the S/C, including parts and labor would be about 4500, so I don't know where this other 3k is coming from.

Another reason my mazda dealer is the only one to ever touch my car...that and a ferrari performance shop

Go back to your trusted dealer and ask him to pick up a phone and get a real time quote on the blower from Mazda then print you out a quote including labour that he'd stand by. That would at least take care of the "about" over the counter factor so we could compare apples to apples.

It's also possible that - with ten times the population of Canada - the US benefits from lower parts prices due to economies of scale.

It would be interested to get that number from a US dealer.

There is no...kit. There aren't even seals that can be purchased, and it's damn hard to take apart. The rotors aren't the problem as they never actually touch each other (until the seals are dead anyway). It's the removal of the bearings that's whorish. Currently in the design process of making two custom bearing pullers for this thing. Once the bearings are out, the seals are easy to remove. And once that's done, there's the problem of new seals.

Well - just sent off the paypal. Should be here in five days or so. Again the shipping price flucuated but this time down. About 60 or so.

Keep us posted on your puller design, Ren. It would be nice to resurrect the one I've got as a spare! What kind of material do you think would make good replacement seals?

Seems there are a few spares nearby for testing.... anyway back to the topic at hand.. in a week you say? HMMM I am around next weekend between Montreal this week and Victoria the following...