Supercharger Needed

The eagle has landed folks. Packed to the nines I'm pleased to report despite Customs' best efforts to fuck it up. Snug box with styrofoam all around and all openings tightly taped over. Shit, with the exception of a little surface rust on the pulley it looks brand spanking new. Here's hoping for at least 100,000 km out of it... :whistling:

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm: I gotto say miller, that looks to be in great shape indeed, and you say customs didn't fuck it up, I'm impressed. All this for 1800 or so plus shipping minus the core charge?

No, this isn't a rebuild -- rather an eBay Roll o Dice Special. So far, $830 CAD shipped then the $120 in taxes to keep our fat-assed politicos in the style to which they've become accustomed. Then probably a couple hundred more in good quality gaskets and/or MTS' famous seal-o-goop.

It's almost too shiny, although there's no overspray that I can see. The gasket between the nose drive and main body is metal coloured where the edges protrude slightly and all fasteners are spotless.

There's a little bit of rubber stuck to the top of the casing (probably where a vacuum hosed melted... :lol: ) but other than that it looks great. I haven't peeled open any orfices yet. Either very low miles or a damn good impression of same.

Ren, good point about the TB gasket. You gotta part number?

And my undying admiration to anyone who can provide me with torque specs on the casing fasteners that hold it together. I'd like to make sure she's snugged down right in case someone did in fact do some disassembly at some point.

Prime it the super charger after installation so there is oil in it. Disconnect the crank sensor. Located by the dipstick going into the block. Start car for 30 seconds repeat 5 times. Charge battery if needed and i recommend it. Connect crank sensor and enjoy. And good luck.

More...

Underside

IPB Image

Interior of what I assume is the intake end showing bearing caps

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lysholm lobes. They're covered in a fine, gray grease. Graphite maybe? You can make out some writing. It's incredible how tight these tolerances are.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oil lines and first sign of imperfection. Notice how the second one has been bent against the compressor body. There's no way a fitting will go on that. Anyone know how much clearance this one is supposed to have? Should it actually be straight?

IPB Image

IPB Image

And finally....the seal of the masters themselves. Nice to see they take such pride in their work they want everyone to know where it came from... :whistling:

IPB Image

Yes -- most interested in these instructions of which you speak. Share with the brethren...and sis...sisterth...n :noidea:

Sorry i dont know what i did with them scan up a couple posts thats what they told me to do anyway. lol

And btw if u want disconnect your exhaust and wash the pipe with some type solvent to get rid of any oil in there. Cause your car will still smoke on start if you dont. I didnt do it cause i didnt feel like crawling underneath my car. I change the s/c in my garage. But it will eventually go away and plus its not that much. Good luck and let us know how u make out.

Plus after the engine is primed and you go to start it let it idle for a while. I let it idle for about 15-20mins just to make sure.