Removing The Rear Shelf

I just bought some new speakers to go in the back (both 2 ohm speakers).

So I wanted to know how I correctly remove the back shelf? Do I open the console bin and remove the caps on screws and remove them remove screws underneath that?

Or is there screws under the child anchorages that I remove?

Thanks in advance guys :)

No, the back seat has to come out first. The base is secured with two brackets in front, lift it gently and they can be seen, imagine just between your legs if sitting two persons. Just push a plastic lever and it pops up. Then lift it out, and remove two 12 mm (if I remember correct) bolts , one each bottom side of the seatback. Lift the seatback upwards, quite a lot of force is needed to release the three clamps behind the top of the seatback. Then pop out the brakelight, frontend up-and backwards with a screwdriver. The shelf is then ready to be popped out, secured with clamps only. Be sure not to force it out and you should be fine. There are two plastic tabs needing to fit into each their hole when remounting. Depending on year there is a compartment with lid in the middle, I guess that is secured separately. My cheapened 00 shelf is onepiece.

Ok. the storage 'bin' in mine between the two speakers is a seperate peice. Mine is a '94 model btw.

So am I best off removing the center bin and seeing if that leads me anywhere. If it doesn't next step is remove the seats I spose (but I wanted to avoid that if I don't have to).... if I have to I will though (it's just a hassle, that's all!).

BTW... finally, the speakers I bought are JBL GTO937's, which are 2 ohm speakers. Is there any issues running the speakers off of stock equipment if they are 2 ohm ?

Thanks heaps guys! :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

What do you mean 'for daily use'? Is there any problems that may occur running off the stock amp in the future? Or do you mean if the amp shits itself?

Ok, so once I remove the top part of the seat (don't I have to remove the bottom part of the seat to remove the top part?) and the center brakelight (if it has to come out) do I pull the shelf towards me, or try and pull it up, or push it away from me & lift it at the same time (like is there any method?).

Sorry for all the questions; I just don't want anything to get damaged or broken during the installation process.

NO!!!!

to change out the speaker on pre 97 models... u dont have to remove the seats to get to the speakers... its 2 peices..

first u remove the storage bin.... theres clips tyhat are visible when u open up the box...

then ummm....from what i remember the other peice is held in by friction clips....

Ok... the new speakers are in! :) :) :)

I removed the centere bin, removed the four screws that were underneath the edges of the storage bin. Then the clips underneath that you twist until they come out (well I did it that way and it worked). Then simply take the top off.

However only issue is the amp which ajoins to the bottom of the speaker (which is bolted to to the BOSE speaker) is basically just tightly shoved onto the bottom of the JBL speakers. So I considering the removal of those tiny amps and mounting them to the underside of the shelf where the bottom of the speakers hang. If not maybe perhaps some strong masking tape will do the job, but I don't want my speakers looking like crap.

I must say though, considering they are still running off of the stock amps, they sounds sooooooo much better. The treble (highs and mids) sound fantastic and the bass is also clearer (not really louder, probably due to the amps). And now that the front speakers are BOSE and the rear are JBL, I have to say that it sounds unbalanced, the music coming from the back sounds alot clear then that coming from the front. So I have the fader set to R2 or R3 depending on the type of music. So eventeually I may replace the front ones with JBL speakers (but what size are the ones in the door, they can fit 5x7's cant they?).

what r u talking about dude...

u dont have bose and u have an S? that means u switched out

non bose millenia had 5x7/6x8 in the front

NO SIR, Bose was an option in Canada....

Anyone else know any good BOSE addages?

BOSE= Boy our shits expensive

BOSE= Blown on second experience

BOSE= Bad overpriced sound equipment

No highs, no lows- must be BOSE