Type Of Gas For Milly???

You dont plan to keep the tires? A hammer would "balance" the tires if you move the car once a week at least..

well that would defeat the purpose of storage.

if it wasn't such a huge pain in the ass I would drain everything from the car, vacuum seal it, take out the plugs and spray in cylinder protector.

I start it and idle it, and yes, after about 5-10 minutes rev it, including holding revs around 1500-3k for up to a minute, to get all fluids moving etc and so forth.

if you research the matter, this is by and large the dominate method used by anyone storing a valable car wishing to keep it in "turn key" condition, everyone who has a 1910 rolls royce to mclaran owners.

my biggest concern for storage is the tires and flatspotting. I may soon invest in "tirecradles" but even I think there over priced

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tire cradles are a waste of money. You could easily find a set of rims with tires that have the same bolt pattern for under $100. Get a set of stock mx6 or 626 wheels and put those on before storing it. That way you can still move it around when needed too. Not to mention unless the cradles have the exact same raduis as the wheels, then the tire will still only make contact on one point.

radius? there flat

Either way, at 3-400 for a set of 4 even I think there over priced.

Plus having to change the rims just to go driving isn't exactly "turn key" operation, HOWEVER. you show me where I can find 4 rims and tires for cheap (tires in almost any condition of course) and I may go with that route come this winter.

Any forum where the car has the same bolt pattern. Stock wheels go all the time, especially in warmer areas where people don't put winter tires on their stock wheels.

And if the cradles were flat, then there's no advantage to them what so ever. Wheel dollies would be more useful, and cheaper. Or do what I said before, go to a tire shop and take 4 used tires from them. Jack the car up, and lay the tires flat under your wheels, so they cradle yours.

well I can't seem to find anything less then 250 for 4 with tires + shipping.

ren, I'm not sure what your talking about, I'm talking about these

http://www.tirecradle.com/tcradle.html

there flat, but made out of some ultra space aid something or other, I really have no idea how it works, tempur pedic for your car??? either way, they come with a warrenty, if any tire gets a flatspot of any kind they give buy you a new set of tires (same kind of course) I just think there overpriced.

If anyone finds a set of 4 wheels and decent tires that hold air for under 150 then let me know, I will strongly consider it for this winter.

Nah, 2.5 and 2.3 have hte exact same rotors 95-02, but in 00 or 01 the cooling disces were slightly bigger, the 4" rule applying, 15" should be fine, I'm jsut worried about backspacing.

I would certainly neer drive with these on, but I would move the car around, at most a trip to the gas station, actually probably not even that.