For My 01-02 S, I've Decided On Navigation

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just some sort of metal, im not sure if it has to be ground, like i said before, my altima, i had it stuck to this big metal bar that ran inside the dash, and it worked fine in there. on my cts, when i first installed it, i stuck the gps antenna on another large metal area inside the dash, and it got no signal, infact anywhere metal inside the car gets crappy signal that will not work efficiently, or no signal period. after messing around, i stuck it onto the roof of the car to see what happend, and it got full bars signal strength. so for the final spot, i ended up having to run the gps antenna wire under the cars carpet, all the way into the trunk, so that i could stick it on the outside of the trunk lid, as the only area to get signal is somehwere outside the car. i asked around some experts on the pioneer forums, and they have no idea, eventually i may buy a new antenna and try mounting inside. ive read that some windows may block radio waves/signal ect, that may have something to do with it. as for the millenia, im not sure, try sticking it inside the dash on a thick metal area, that may cure the problem

they probably make a trim piece to stick around it for a perfect fit, i had the trim piece for the altima, heres a picture of it installed in my cts, but, for the cts, i had to actually cut out the factory radio trim to fit it in there, basically a big custom job, took me all weekend..

it looks weird because of the flash but in person it looks pretty darned goodIPB Image

IPB Image

looks perfect to me, and nothing around the sides, and double din is not a ford size

this is what the cts (not mine) looks like stock IPB Image i had to literally take that whole trim off, measure, cut it with a dremel tool, file it down ect, to the exact specs of the pioneer navigation unit, fits like a glove, took a whole weekend but was well worth it doing it myself. my buddy had to wire it because GM has it so that the radio stays on after you take the key out until you open the door. the wiring harness alone was 100$ because of the onstar crap and such. i threw him 70 bucks to wire it in, i watched him do the whole thing. at first we struck a problem, the pioneer would stay on all the time, weather the key was in or not, door open or closed ect. he had to tap into a wire that was only powered when the key was on, which ended up being the climate control power wire ect ect getting confusing now, hes the wiring guru but i pretty much learned a couple tricks from him watching him do it. when i first bought the car, places were quoting me 500 to 600 to cut out that space and wire it in. nothing like the good ol do it yourself technique. im not a pro stereo installer but shit, putting that thing in the altima or millenia is a cakewalk compared to the bs to get it in the caddy

camel, your an idiot, your claiming that double din was created by ford and is a ford size

"its a ford standard size. sooo...there should be abundant kits to make it fit."

I keep pointing out that it is not a ford size, if you had common sense you would know that means its not a ford only thing, ford uses it because its a common standard, but was by no means started by them.

And clearly its NOT the same size, otherwise it would fit perfectly like in all others

• 4 weeks later...