For My 01-02 S, I've Decided On Navigation

mts, you just sounded like a retard

"don't tell him the the world does NOT revlove around the US"

and saint said just before you

"Navstar GPS is the only positioning system in the world now, and owned by USA"

Your both slightly wrong, the countries I listed above all have there own communications satalites, and they are NOT U.S property. There are NOT dedicted satalits for GPS, they simply use the signals given off by communications satalites.

Over the western hemisphere yes, its all U.S, but in europe the U.S does not have private satalits, atleast in fixed orbits, there would be no point, military satalites exist for the military and our allies, but still under our control.

As for how close they get, that has changed a bit, before 2000 there was a 14ft margin of error built in for non-military, in 2000 that restriction was lifted and the current error of margin is around 2", military is of course still pinpoint.

I'm much mroe versed in goverment property and capable then you think, and much much more then the common person for various reasons.

Navstar is NOT what it tells the public it is, its really alot more like bluetooth, its just a standard, not a system put in place. Someone could hit a few keys in a few buildings and suddenly every soccer slut in the country couldn't find there way to the daily gangbang.

There are satalites owned and soley operated by other 1st world countries, france ahs a good number, russia of course has tons from the cold war, britain has there own communications and defense networks etc.

Now, if I had the funds, I would naturally place my own system of satalites into orbit, a single mother satalite with a fixed orbit above my location, capable of sending signals to all brother satalites

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in washington d.c, many people work at the pentagon or white house. I talk about my work, they talk about theres, all non-classified of course. I also interviewed and was offered a job at the CIA as a anaylist working in communications...I kept the free gift bag, including a wicked sweet pen.

None the less, the D3 is software, the d1 and n etc are the pop up-flip up ones, the one I want is stand alone OEM looking. And in OEM systems, like the nav system in my Jeep I can 100% confirm its done by speed tracking, thats why you need a firmware version "A.D" or "A.E"

I want that silver millenia damn it

mts, you just sounded like a retard

"don't tell him the the world does NOT revlove around the US"

Must have been from all the leadership you exude in that department... if you would read more in the posts made, you would not need to uselessly post your retarded thoughts.

I've never said it did revolve around the U.S, but when it comes to space, we have about a 20 year jump on everyone, russia would be the closest, but that whole collapse thing. I know france and britain have the greatest number of satalites, most of europes GPS systems run off those, WHY the french have so many I don't know

There are 24 to 30 (not sure) dedicated gps satellites that transmits gps signals. Of course there maybe other systems on them but the main duty is to transmit gps signals. Their orbits are no way determined by other if any sub-tasks. Synchronization is a huge issue so other satellites may help synchronize the system. There may be local positioning systems but Navstar is the only global positioning system known.

As far as i know, or what i learned 6 years ago, army uses the same set of satellites but can decrypt another set of data (embedded in the same signals) and get better accuracy.

half true, the military has the ability to use other satalites owned by the U.S, but receives a different signal.

There are ZERO public dedicated satalites, I know this for a fact, there are communications satalites whose primary purpose is just that, communication, and now there 2nd duty is providing gps. Only the military has dedicated.

trust me, if what your saying were true, you would not be able to recieve the signal for free, even a cheap satalite is around 180-240 million a pop to get into space.

DOD uses dedicated satalites for larger bandwidth, military software, and frankly, just security issues

name any public satalite in existance, all public/privately owned satalites were designed for communcation, because thats where the money is, you wouldn't need a satalite for anything eles, newer ones (relative) are of course for communications and mapping. I think you have it backwards. GPS unit do NOT receive a signal or instuctions from satalites guiding them, GPS works by a GPS unit sending out a signal and being able to "mark" the satalite location, when you have 3 or more you can find your postion, that postion is then put into a map database which IT has on file.

aftermarket GPS units not requiring a CD receive updates from a terran based signal.

Its pretty much zero work for a satalite, thats why they were converted from communications to allow this.

Military satalites are used by the miitary, if you could access them, any of them, you could track there movement, and then know when there overhead, whcih what defeat the purpose of retiring the sr-71 etc.

I think you have it backwards. GPS unit do NOT receive a signal or instuctions from satalites guiding them, GPS works by a GPS unit sending out a signal and being able to "mark" the satalite location, when you have 3 or more...

Got it, i am talking to wrong guy...

It I were allowed to take data and paper out of the building without being arrested you would see otherwise.

I can tell you that datawise the military's dedicated satalites are class leaders, while in terms of technology NSA private satalites are far beyond what anyone in the public thinks.

I don't want a backup camera, but if I did I certainly wouldn't drill a hole, I would remove the trunk key lock and put it there, not like I ever sue it anyway

look at it this way, a backup camera only helps the idiots who don't know where the end of there car is that they use every single day.

If they do not know the proportions of their vehicle or have the ability to maneuver said vehicle, then their privileges to operate that vehicle should be REMOVED, or they should be condemned to driver training until such times as they learn, then as a stepping stone, only be allowed to operate small vehicles such as the Smart 4two, and then gradualloing being allowed to step up until such time that operating a large SUV is deemed safe, no matter how useless the vehicle is in an urban environement. If you cannot control your reproduction levels and need a large vehicle than get a stationwagon or a properly defined bus for multiple passengers.... fuck'n morons.

Well correct for NA. I bet you never have to fold the mirrors to pass through a narrow hole. Ops they dont even put folding mirrors here..

That xedos has both parking sensors and cam, obviously at least one is useless. Dont know why he bought both. And what he needs is a rear windows and car length+10cm space to park any kind of car.

I used to drive the Victoria Bridge in Montreal when, in rush hour, used to be a 4 lane (now only 2 lane) and they would operate one side with opposing traffic. When in this situation, if you operated a larger vehicle (like a panel van or pickup truck) you HAD to fold mirrors in to not connect with oncoming traffic. Nowadays with stupid vehicles like Hummer H1s and such it cannot be operated in this manner, and also with the declining IQ, and mass of poor drivers.

There is NO add-on equipment that will EVER replace the mental ability to operate a vehicle. That is why there should be an IQ test incorporated to the driver's license testing... and a large rubber stamp for those that are TOO STUPID.

The benefit of america was that so much growth occured after henry fords model t, so cars were going to be there, and then when highways and major roads were constucted the cars were bigger then ever so things were made to fit, wide open space and such.

This is in total contrast to say london, or paris, or berlin or really any major city in europe that when built all they had to deal with were horses and wagons and most people on foot, lands at a premium so why make huge open roads.

I have only had to fold my mirrors in on tight trails for the jeep

Well i have seen xedos mirrors had to be folded because they parked stupid. It was so narrow that people pass one by one. There was a coming car but we didnt stop or hesitate so he stopped on the narrow passage expecting us to yield him while we just passed him as if there is no car, mirrors folded. The traffic stopped for a while trying to get what had happened :) Power folding mirrors are very rare, very few aware of them.. Other than that xedos mirrors are folded whenever parked off street..