Correct Wiper Length?

Matt64341

xedos just needs to push down on his, I didn't even know about it until mts pointed it out at the meet. Your have to push/pull really hard with just 1 wiper and it feels like you'll break it, try it with both wipers at the same time

Why didn't you read the link Matt posted? I have different arms. As soon as frost is gone, I will post pics with both Xedos and Millenia arms. The Millenia arms are not possible to raise up from the windshield, winter position or not. The Xedos arms are, and have one position only.

I did try the driver side arm on the car, and it fits. However the covered area will be moved towards the parking position, leaving a larger area unswept along the a-pillar. Style before function :rolleyes:

I couldn't find anything in the manual either, but I tested mine and it happens.

and your post is exactly why, matt says there only up high, you say there only down low, which means 1 or both of you can move them. I didn't believe it either, I pulled on 1 wiuper and stopped when it felt like I was gong to break them, but pulling and pushing both at the same time you'll see

Last night I was able to get to the store. I was planning on getting the Bosch blades, but when I got there, they did not have any. There was another blade, the Michelin Radius, and it was the same design for $15 per wiper. I took it out of the package in the store and inspected it. It was very solid and felt like it would hold up well, so I bought a 22" for the drivers side and a 21" for the passenger. It was raining lightly so I installed them in the parking lot for the drive home. They are more quiet and smooth on the window than I expected. I stopped under a street light to see the water better and they apply a very even pressure over the entire wiper, and don't leave any spots or streaks unwiped. On the highway they were unaffected by the speed. The upgrade in size is very nice, and the triangle of water formed between the wipers almost doesn't exist. It would have been possible to go to 23" on the drivers side, but in the up position, the wiper would have been a little higher than I would like it. So far, these have been a very good purchase, and as long as they hold up for a good amount of time I will be buying them again.

I couldn't find anything in the manual either, but I tested mine and it happens.

and your post is exactly why, matt says there only up high, you say there only down low, which means 1 or both of you can move them. I didn't believe it either, I pulled on 1 wiuper and stopped when it felt like I was gong to break them, but pulling and pushing both at the same time you'll see

I was talking about the xedos wipers not being able to pop up and down. I have the winter package and have known about both wiper positions for a long time.

In the high position on the Millenia they cannot be lifted off the glass, arm still hits the hood.

The Millenia arms I got hold of cannot be lifted more than a couple of inches even if the hood wasn't there, because there is a stopper on the arm preventing them. Meaning i cannot use them during winter.

Thanks for the info about the extra length Michelin wipers Matt! I will go for extra length as well.

I've been looking around recently and I don't remember seeing any other cars with hidden wipers. It is a very nice feature.

In the high position on the Millenia they cannot be lifted off the glass, arm still hits the hood.

The Millenia arms I got hold of cannot be lifted more than a couple of inches even if the hood wasn't there, because there is a stopper on the arm preventing them. Meaning i cannot use them during winter.

Thanks for the info about the extra length Michelin wipers Matt! I will go for extra length as well.

I am not sure if the Xedos has the feature, but if the wipers are frozen to the window and you try to use them, they will disengage for five minutes to prevent damage to the wiper motor. They will also go into winter mode if they hit snow or ice as they are going back down.

xedos? why exactly can't you use them in the winter, I can't stand it when people leave there wiper blades just sitting in the air, thats actually far worse for them.

Leave them on the glass, turn on the defroster, hanging in the air with cold and wind and more ice allowing to form directly on them you make the rubber brittle and unable to do anything, on the windshield the glass warms up and helps the wipers do there job. Plus if there is ice, scrap it off first.

Lifting them off the window prevents them from freezing on. Less ice will form on them in the air then if they are an inch deep in a sheet of ice. You can't use the defroster to melt them off because the car is cold and won't blow warm air unless you idle it for 20+ minutes. And if you scrape too close to them, you damage the wipers like I had happen to these last ones, and why I like the new one-piece design idea.

BHR, Matt answered the question, the wipers freezing stuck to the window is what tends to destroy them, or rather freeing them to move. And that is prevented if they are left in uprised position. Given the distance between our premices, I will continue doing it, hopefully you will still be able to sleep.

MC and camel are both wrong, my millenia has been driven in snow, for almost 2 years I drove it to school every day, if you'll remember...hmm actually few here were around then, but in the beginning I was looking at 2nd cars for daily drivers, what pushed me over the edge was 1 saturday while at work it begin to flurry, I was pissed since I had washed and waxed the car the night before, I went back to my office, came out 4 hours later and there was 8 inchs of snow that I had to drive home in, about 5 miles, at around 4mph.

I have driven my millenia in snow several times, but that was by far the worst since it was a saturday, few people on the road, and NOTHING plowed. The millenia was at 1 point my daily driver remember, thats why it was being washed once a week.

I just wanted to update, there is a very minor issue with the larger wiper size. In the standard "down" position, the hood hits the passenger side wiper when it is opened. In winter position, it doesn't interfere at all. Other than that, I am still very happy with them, and it only takes a second to change the position to open the hood.

The one piece wiper design I have is the same depth across the entire wiper. The framed wipers get thinner as they approach the end. That might be the issue. Today i was able to put the hood up without moving them, so they might not have been all the way down before. It still touches them but it doesn't prevent the hood from being opened.