A Tread About Carbon Buildup, Seafoam, And High Octane

The timeline of the events:

10/2006: Milly bought at 102k miles. Regular stuff changed, plugs, air filter and such.

In between: two coils fried (iridium IX shit). Shell 93 octane was used religiously

4/2007: Seafoamed for the first time. It started smoking while i was spraying seafoam. Here is the smoke show:

Sometime in summer 2007: I gave 89 octane shell a try after reading Ren's posts. I didnt feel a heck of difference and began constantly using it

2/2008: Moved to CA and start using 89 octane chevron.

8/2008: Seafoamed the second time, exactly same process as the first time, same driver (thats me). No smoke while spraying seafoam. Here is the smoke:

And almost no smoke this time!

My conclusions:

1. White smoke is possibly because of carbon build-up

2. Seafoam does not just smoke but cleans up.

3. My car has some wierd noise, but didnt worsen at least.

4. HIGH OCTANE CAUSES CARBON BUILDUP.

Regards.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

high octane and better gas cleans out the carbon

how many miles were on it when you seafoamed the 2nd time? you can't compare 102k to what I assume is under 15k.

also in the first video, when we were using the correct gas there was very very little smoke.

this is a video of some ghetto rat who used regular (albeit in a 2,5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25at6tE83w

thats ALOT of smoke.

and afterwards now all you see are ruined 2.5's with blown engines. and massive build up.

automakers are against oil companies, they have been since day 1, it affects the bottom line to design a car that requires prem, especially when designed from the ground up to do so. If I ran regular octane I would have to put prem through every other tank, and use seafoam every single oil changeto keep it close to as clean as it is now

and this is the reason no millenia will last more then a few more years

You will do more harm leaving your car sit for months on end.... every one of your bearings is likely flat spotted....

rots away, have you learned nothing?

my car is in better care the na musuem, not even dust touches it, it sits in a dark garage with a constat temp and very low humidity, I leave the sunroof tilted open to ensure interior ventilation as well and tend to its every need, oil stabilzer, fuel stabilizer, tires, wheels, and because its pressuzed even if an inspect found a way through the where the zipper meets it could never crawl in against the pressure.

what you compare it to is randomly parking on the grass in burning sun half the day and birds crapping on it the other half, all the while a full tank of gas turns to gel.

putting a car on jackstands is considered universally bad for the suspension, some may think wheel bearings will falt spot, and on VERY old cars, such as those sitting for years and were originally built up until the late 70's this is true, not in modern cars

The pads are called tirecradles, they help with flat spotting, but I'v always turned teh wheels just to be sure.

I'v been doing this for several years now and have found the best possible combination, the only addition thing would be to completly drain the fuel tank and spray some fogger into the cylinders. I'm not going to spend all the time to take the plugs out for that which is why I use fresh oil with stablizer before storage, and then once it comes out in spring get it changed. fuel stabizer, and very little fuel in the tank is also good.

anything under 6 months is considered short term anyway, alot of older guys will say to fill the tank out with gas to avoid rust, avoid this at all costs, modern fuel tanks, especially fuel injection are air tight, and more importantly, generally made of very tough plastics, the less fuel in there the better it is for stalizer and you can go and put fresh fuel in.

saint, I fully agree which is why I never do it, I try to run the tank down as low as possible before storage, you want the fuel cap on tight sure, but this isn't some 60's vw with a steel box for a tank.

Actually in the book I have it shows the fuel tank of the millenia, probably one of the most complicated ones iv ever seen

saint, I fully agree which is why I never do it, I try to run the tank down as low as possible before storage, you want the fuel cap on tight sure, but this isn't some 60's vw with a steel box for a tank.

Actually in the book I have it shows the fuel tank of the millenia, probably one of the most complicated ones iv ever seen

What book are you referring too, is there a manual or book about the Millenia S?

what about a chiltons/haynes manual anyone have a copy?

What book are you referring too, is there a manual or book about the Millenia S?

what about a chiltons/haynes manual anyone have a copy?

There is a book: 10 untold stories about Eunos 800. It is the text book of Maz101 Introduction to Eunos 800 (or should I say ZX) :) I have the pdf, search in the forum for it.

Forget about haynes. Search for factory service manual in the forum. Again I have the pdf, 1000+ pages

There are also other books, but the 10 untold stories is pretty indepth, including amazing photos and concepts discussed...for example a millenia coupe? or should I say ZX as apparently the millenia was more like a black project and only referred to as the ZX on a need to know basis.

Its hardbook, huge photos, very very high quality, they come up on ebay every few months for around 50 bucks.

The weird thing is the original drawings for the coupe look almost exactly like what the mercedes CL came to be years later....

SSPX0020.JPG