Driven

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, per your advice I looked into it already and have gotton detailed instructions, as well as the correct kevlar replacement so it may go 100k, along with while doing the replacment change out the tensioner and replace waterpump with metal blade one to keep from issues in the future

No, per your advice I looked into it already and have gotton detailed instructions, as well as the correct kevlar replacement so it may go 100k, along with while doing the replacment change out the tensioner and replace waterpump with metal blade one to keep from issues in the future

What they used plastic blades?

Yes, from the factory the waterpumps had small plastic fins that are known to wear down or even break off, cuasing overheating in hot weather or extreme driving. The upgrade is a larger pump with all metal parts. You must remove the waterpump to change the timing belt so you might as well buy a new one

• 3 weeks later...

It is being forced to be driven this week. I wish I could actually do what you say, however virginia law complicates it. I can't cancel insurance unless I cancel the registation, which means to get it back in the spring I have to get a whole new inspection and open a new policy leading to increased costs, AND its not a sure thing I would get my personalized plates back.

I have debated what to do in the coming years, I don't want to deal with the expense of storage but there may come a point where I put it into full storage mood, spray the cylinders, drain coolant and oil, seal exhaust, wheels removed, car on jacks but with suspension mostly compressed.

Will have to see how things go

It is interesting to note that in the course of this move the millenia is infact slowly being buried, walled off from sight. Yes its still in its carcapsule but that side of the garage no longer gets opened and has been walled off with boxes and pallets. Effectivly sealing the millenia to where I can't get get to it. Protected

HA, you act as if it is a Jeep, it loves nothing more then to ponder the fools out and about inhauling someone elses dirty exhaust, rocks and dirt being thrown back, dirty roads, other people with substandard brakes. HA

The millenia grows stronger with each brick encasing it for a thousand centuries to come

• 2 weeks later...